Hello all from NYC Transit Modeler

Hello members:

I just joined your Forum. I am in the S. Eastern Pennsylvania Phily-Bucks County area - formerly long ago of NY. I model NYC Transit in 1:48 O Scale - specifically a huge O Scale 2 Rail operating "EL" layout completely built as a scale NY City class Elevated Line on EL Structure.

With 150 subway and EL cars in my fleet covering rolling stock from the 1910 period up to the 1990's....passenger cars and various work class cars.

Featuring numerous IRT and BMT wooden EL cars and steel subway cars, and IRT, BMT and IND Divison steel Subway Cars. Also model many types of NYC old style buses and various classes streetcars (Third Ave. Railway Systems, Steinway Lines, and Brooklyn "BMT" Streetcars)

The "EL" system runs thru a parallel scale NY City type "city-scape" of 3 to 6 story buildings on both sides of the EL.

I also have an extensive HO "Mainline" RR System running on a continuous shelf line around my train room. (The O Scale EL layout is in the entire middle of the train room) This HO railroad features "mainline and commuter" streamline and heavyweight class passenger cars (and a bit of freight cars) covering LIRR, PRR, NYCRR, NHRR, Reading, B&O road names.

I look forward to reading about and viewing the modeling work of others here on the forum, and participating and sharing my modeling work.

regards - Joe

Last edited:
Hello Mark G !

Thanks for your reply and your stated interest !

I noted you replied to and saw a few of my "EL" night scene photos I placed in another (Show Off Photos) Thread I created.

Well, here are four more. They feature a train of my IRT Low-V (low voltage control controller) class steel Subwa-EL cars seen in night scenes at one of the, as local station, on my "EL". This class of cars was built new in 1920 thru 1928. These (and all my cars) have full prototype interiors, ceiling fans, ad signs, destination signs, motorman cabs and cab control details.

Depending upon the volume level of posted modelers-interest in this form of modeling subject on these forums here, per se, I will post additional various images.

I do have quite many more "daytime" type scenes shot on, below, on the street under the EL, and along the EL (sidewalk and rooftop scenes). You and anyone here can see more of my modeling work over at the "SHOWIN' OFF" forum and "BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES" forum, under my handle "NYC Transit Modeler".

Regards ! - Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Back