heavy weathering

WT fan

Now I've finished my SOO caboose.

08-06-19_IMG_4544_SOOcab.jpg

This time I've used felt tip pens mostly.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang, great idea about using the felt tip pens. I've often wondered about how well they would do but it seems that they look pretty good. Certainly a lot easier to control than paint.

Being a structural engineer who has dont lots of inspections over the years, i never would have thought i would say this but....

"that's some good looking rust staining you got there!"

Great looking weathering. I'm always looking for new ways to weather, and I'm definitely going to try that one.

Chas, my son is also a structural and is always critiquing things like my structure kits and bridges...in a nice way, of course, just letting me know how things would look in real life. He's seen a few of my more heavily weathered cars and told me no railroad would run something that looked that bad. :) He was shocked when I showed him the prototype pics of the cars. I told him railroads pretty much run 'em now until the wheels fall off. :D

That looks really good, I'm impressed. Have you thought of making the paint on the SOO chipped or missing to add a bit more weathering?

That's great looking rust. It would be easy to overdo it on such a light base color, but you hit the perfect balance. :cool:

Back