H-12-44 hand rails

TMLW

Thunder Mt. Loco Works
About a year ago I built a model of the Columbia & Cowlitz H-12-44 #700 (i know the model is an H-10-44 but its what i had at the time and was good enough for me) I am now looking to build a 2nd one in a different paint scheme. The problem is this. I bought the hand rail set for this engine at a swap meet and do not know what brand they are. I know i can bend the railing out of brass wire, but i am wondering what brand the stanchions are. Can anyone here give me an idea of what they might be or of a company that makes stanchions like these? Thanks in advance. Photo attached.

HI !

Smokey valley make some stanchion but i don't if they make for your model. You can check them.

Thanks !

I know Smokey Valley makes hand rails, but i can not find any photos of their parts. Do you know where they have a catalog with photos?

Hi !

No sorry... your only chance it's on walthers.com or the site of smokey valley, if you don't find any picture on them.... you can wait to see if other member here already buy from us...

In the list of smokey valley, does it have something for fairbank and morse ?

On the walthers web site, if you tape " stanchion" in the search case you can have a good idea to see who make stanchion.

THe last idea it's to call Smokey valey the number is : 662-566-8602.

Thanks !

I can't find any company, including Smokey Valley, that makes a complete handrail set or stanchions for an H-10 or H-12. Looks like you're going to be stuck bending your own. :(

What i am trying to find now is just the stanchions. I can bend the brass wire myself.

I can't find a source for stanchions either. The Smokey Valley #676-107 (SM number 107) is the one you need, but it's on perpetual backorder at Walthers and everywhere else, so I don't know if it's really in production. You best bet would be to contact smokey Valley directly.

Back