Greetings from Greenwood, IN.

IndyLateNight

Hi everyone. I'm from Greenwood, Indiana which is just south of Indianapolis. I'm starting my first model railroad and am modeling it on the Loop Creek Branch of the C&O Railroad circa 1940-1950. I grew up in the town of Kilsyth, WV which was home to the Kanawha, Glen Jean & Eastern Railroad which was purchased by the C&O in 1940.

I've always had a love for trains but have never attempted to build my own. I don't have a lot of experience but am willing to learn new technics to get the job done. I have a 9'x14' area that I will be using to build in.

I'll post pictures as things go along. I look forward to these forums and the information they contain. Wish me luck!!

Welcome to the forums, Indy. You've found the best site on the web for model trains. There's lots of friendly, talented folks here that can help with just about anything except moving or mowing your yard and I'm not completely sure about that. What scale are you modeling in?

A big welcome to the hobby and the forum as well. Lots of great people with varying stages of experience. Lots of great advice and help as well as a lot of fun to chit chat. Looking forward to talking with you and hearing of your layout progress.

Greenwood!?!?!? I live just a strong sneeze away from you, on Indy's far southeast side. Did you happen to get to Whistles and Growls before he closed his shop for good last week?

(do your Gomer Pyle voice here) "Welcome, welcome, welcome!"

Jim

Greenwood!?!?!? I live just a strong sneeze away from you, on Indy's far southeast side. Did you happen to get to Whistles and Growls before he closed his shop for good last week?

(do your Gomer Pyle voice here) "Welcome, welcome, welcome!"

Jim

No, I actually thought he closed a long time ago. The shop was moved from it's normal location and the phone message said it was around back but I searched for it a couple of times and could not find it. Shame he closed. Pickin's are slim in this area when it comes to model railroading. I had hopes when I saw that there was a new shop in Greenwood called A-Trains but it looks like it is mostly clothing and stuff.

Do you happen to know if Big Four Hobbies is still around? Their website is gone.

Hey, I get down to Wanamaker about every six weeks. I've lost touch as to what shops are down there now. You ever get the chance, come see Hawkins Rail Service in Lafayette.

Back