Great Planning Tutorial

pcaldwell

Over the years I have used this forum along with a few others to send an occasional “heads-up” to the model railroad community regarding new content on my website, http://www.altamontandblueridge.com . Thanks to all of you who have used my tutorials and to those of you who currently follow my new blog “Starting Over,” which chronicles my thoughts and my progress through the construction of an enormous new 40’ x 25’ train room and all of the planning required to begin my new N scale layout, The Altamont & Blue Ridge 2.

I have recently complied, rearranged, augmented, and edited the material in this blog to create a new tutorial entitled “A Comprehensive Guide to Model Railroad Planning.” Please have a look. It is filled with advice, plans, and tips regarding all aspects of the planning process including wiring, labeling, bench work, train room lighting, signal placement, DCC automation, and much more. Just use the link above and then select “Tutorials” from the menu on the main page. Then click on the photo below “Planning Tutorial.”

Enjoy
Pete Caldwell

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Pete, looks like some very interesting stuff. I'll be sure to check it out thoroughly when I have more time, thanks again!

Back