Got a laugh from this one GE Locomotive commercial

:) Haven't seen that one before. That was really funny. Maybe they will show it on tv one day. Man with GE's comercials lately it seams like they are mocking emd really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, well, Rocky needs a haircut. It's a cool commercial and all but it don't think it will help GE sell one locomotive. Sorry to be grumpy but I'm a GE shareholder. A year ago, the stock was selling at $35 and it's selling at 14 bucks and change today. I'd like to see see GE get its credit problems under control and get back to making profitiable products, not blowing money they don't have on artsy-craftsy commercials.

I know a fella that works at the CSX locomotive shops in Huntington WV and he says GE locos are the pits. They break down a lot and GE won't let anyone else sell parts for them. According to my pal, EMDs run better last longer and are easier to work on. For some reason (likely an under the table fincancial one) CSX keeps going back to GE.

But, the commercial was neat.

JB

GEs tend to get slightly better fuel mileage than comparable EMDs. The trade off is they don't load as quickly as EMDs. I know 9 out of ten units by my office are GE C40-8W and newer stuff. There are very few "older" GE units, but there are quite a few "older" EMD units, including the GP38-2/GP30 combo that is our local switcher.

Back