Good philips screwdriver for Atlas engines

MercerMike

Hello all and Happy Holidays, I am getting braver thanks to all here!! and have decided to change some couplers, especially since they are broken!! Where can I get a good quality Philips screwdriver to fit the tiny screw such as those used to hold the couplers in on an Atlas engine. Tried some of the local stores here and I did buy some but none are just right. Looked on eBay for some and I did not see any with a small enough screwdriver. As always I appreciate you 100% on the money help, Thanks to all.

You want a set of very small screwdrivers obviously, not just the one you need now as you may need others in future. You want either a jeweller's screwdriver set or one intended for use in computers. I wouldn't bother with hardware stores, try electronics DIY stores like Radio Shack or a computer parts store (espeically one that does repairs).

I have a set from Snap-On that I got a few months ago, while pretty pricey, they have the Snap-On lifetime warranty guarantee and if they ever break all I have to do is give them back to the Snap-On guy who comes to the dealership once a week lol. The Snap-On truck has proven to be my new candy store and I have found myself spending quite a bit of money on tools to fill my toolbox in my truck lol. Next on the list is a Air Impact Gun incase I ever need to change a tire on my truck or lend a hand to someone else with a flat. Should go nice with my 12 Gallon Tank and Compressor I just hooked up on the truck lol

But in any case, a small screwdriver set should do the trick for you, and like Pete said, you want a set intended for use in jewelery or computer repairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Josh said, Snap-on has the best small screwdrivers. I bought a set of them from Snap-on about 45 years ago & I have never wore them out. Since I am into taking Electronics stuff apart for recycling I use these small Philips & Blade screwdrivers all the time & they are still working well.:D

I got two last Christmas from the wife that were from The Source (ie. Radio Shack here in Canada). One is called the Teeny Turner and the other is a Nexxtech 8 in 1 Ratchet screwdriver. Both come with extra bits (including Philips) and they can both easily fit into a pocket. Inexpensive and very handy. I switched out several pairs of Athearn trucks yesterday and they did the job nicely.

Back