Glue?

jomazz

Ok, here's my very first question & I hope this dosn't sound dumb.:eek: I have a couple of cars with small parts broken off, like a ladder or two & a "smoke stack" on a caboose. What does everyone use to glue these things back on? Will elmers or crazy glue work?

Most often CA (Super Glue) would be the one of choice for repairs. Some others would work but for that purpose I would avoid white glue (Elmers).

Assuming all the parts are plastic, you can also use Testor's Plastic Glue, which is available almost anywhere. Try to find the one that has the brush in the bottle rather than the tube. You can than apply a thin coating to both pieces and not have a blob of glue sticking out when you're done.

Our walmart has the testors plastic glue in liquid form and the applicator is a metal tube and comes with a cleaning wire. It is actually nice and lasts a long time. Much better than the old squeeze tubes. Or the brush type as mentioned. I also go to Lowes for super glue in the paint department. They have tons of kinds and different sizes and shapes. I stock up for different needs. Super glue dries fast so makes the small repair faster and I think it holds longer.
Good Luck and remember to have fun!!!

Back