Gj@pa Rr

GJ@PARR

Had a heck of a week. Been a windows man for over ten years. This is my first Apple attempts partially oweing to a computer melt down. The pictures are of a building on my layout called Donut World. It's a fun little place using a kit bashed Walters hardware store. I'll post more layout pictures as my new OS skills evolve.

Jim

Looks like you've learned how to post pictures just fine from your Mac. Nice model but how would I guess that a place called "Donut World" would have a police car out front? :)

And Welcome to the forum , I was sure UP2CSX would appreciate the cop car in front of the Donut World. LOL

And Welcome to the forum , I was sure UP2CSX would appreciate the cop car in front of the Donut World. LOL

Must be one of our men in blue.:) Here are a couple of interior shots showing people patiently waiting to be served. I'll post some actual railroad shots later.

Gj&pa Rr

Okay, here are a few layout shots. We'll start with the main freight yard and steam facility. All plywood here as of yet. I have some long range tweaking to do first, like adding ground throws and undertable switch machines. Although it may not appear so, one can get around three sides of the yard so nothing is an uncomfortable reach.

GJ&PA RR Cont.

Here we have shots of the town of coldwater, the diesel area and the coal mine. A bit farther along here as this was the original section of the layout. I'm still working on the streets and lighting more of the buildings. Always room for more tree's.

GJ&PA RR Cont.

Finaly, my sons yard & mill complex and I modeled myself and my daughter sitting in a tree railfanning our own pike. Ha. Hope you like the pic's!

Jim

Man, looks like you're working fine on that backwards computer. Nice layout you've got there.

Very nice work so far. Looks like you're pretty well set inthe rolling stock department. :) If I can make a suggestion, it looks like you've got pleny of yard space but, unless I'm not seeing it in the pictures, it's all stub end and you have no crossover or run around tracks anyhwere in either yard. That makes it really difficult if you need to pull just one car from track 3 for a train or if you need to pull multiple cars from different tracks to make up a train. You could solve this prolem partially by connecting that top yard track to the inner loop track so you'd have both a long yard lead to make up trains and two ways to get back to your main line. You may already have this issue solved and I can't see it in the picture but I'd learned from sad experience that maximizining yard space alone is not a good thing. :(

Very nice work so far. Looks like you're pretty well set inthe rolling stock department. :) If I can make a suggestion, it looks like you've got pleny of yard space but, unless I'm not seeing it in the pictures, it's all stub end and you have no crossover or run around tracks anyhwere in either yard. That makes it really difficult if you need to pull just one car from track 3 for a train or if you need to pull multiple cars from different tracks to make up a train. You could solve this prolem partially by connecting that top yard track to the inner loop track so you'd have both a long yard lead to make up trains and two ways to get back to your main line. You may already have this issue solved and I can't see it in the picture but I'd learned from sad experience that maximizining yard space alone is not a good thing. :(

That's a great idea. I could probably hook up three of the stubs to the inside loop on the other side. That would really open up operations. Take a little pressure off the 050. Ha Thanks.

jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Back