From Illinois to Pennylvania!

Structure looks good at this point. What size is your layout? At this point in my life, starting small and expanding makes a lot of sense. As for a trackplan-ya can always try google.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I went from about 60 sq ft to over 85 so I am looking forward to a more dynamic set-up. As far as a track plan.... I am struggling.

The size is roughly 12' x 4' wide across the back, 14' x 4' down the right side, 9.5' x 4' down the left side (if you were standing in the U). Part of me is thinking about hiding an area 15" wide across the back for off layout yards. I'd like two mains, but I am thinking one continuous maybe the best option with like a 22" or 23" radius. Got some thinking to do. The bench work is complete (unless I add to it :) ) and I decided not to do cookie cutter sub roadbed.

Givens:
Benchwork - 1x4 Open Grid, 5/8" Plywood, 2x4 legs, 5 modules bolted together, 42.625" Height
Top will be covered with Foam Board, varying heights (1" to 3").
Slight elevation changes
Code 83 Flextrack
NCE ProCab

IMG_0363.jpgIMG_0364.jpgIMG_0365.jpgIMG_0366.jpg

I was in the throws of planning when I realized a lift out section would really be preferred! It attaches with two 2.5" 1/4" bolts that slide into the lift out frame. Got that built Saturday and got the base layer of 1" foam tacked in place! I am going to let the track plan ideas I have simmer for a bit as I want to make sure its functional. I have also picked out a ton of structures so I will be making templates on paper this week to get things laid out! Rolling right along.
IMG_0368.jpgIMG_0371.jpgIMG_0374.jpgIMG_0375.jpg

Back