FORUM UPGRADES - COMPLETED (For real this time! I hope...)

Hit or miss at times this morning. Worked great when I posted in the Coffee Shop earlier today, but when I tried to log-in around 0900 CDT, it hiccuped badly. Once in though, it was back to great performance.

Just had a SLOOOOWWW loading there, of course it may be that the mouse in my local telephone exchange was not pedaling fast enough, (the broadband infrastructure generally in the UK is pretty pathetic considering the modern world we live in!)

Not saying it is running slow, Bob. It has been non-existent for more than two hours. It is now 5.30pm. at the speed it is going I might be in bed when you receive this.

Maybe a new hamster and wheel would help? (See how tecky minded I am :))

Me: Did you idiots turn the cache back on. (Phrased nicer)
Tech: Hang on, it's taking a while to load...
Me: EXACTLY!

Apparently this is their idea of an April Fool's joke.

https://modelrailroadforums.com/for...]=37082&hash=1550f3a7ecdabdbc81269e1838c6f232

Not saying it is running slow, Bob. It has been non-existent for more than two hours. It is now 5.30pm. at the speed it is going I might be in bed when you receive this.

Maybe a new hamster and wheel would help? (See how tecky minded I am :))

It has two speeds. Turbo Boost, or "your request will be mailed to the server"

I am working very hard to fix that.

Took about 45 seconds to connect and display the home page, and another 15 seconds to show this thread, so it's not as bad as earlier

Back