FORUM UPGRADES - COMPLETED (For real this time! I hope...)

As a note, I have been on and off the forum since midnight30. Not a slow down in site. Well, maybe a couple of 250mS ones, but that is pretty much normal. I see 250mS as a detectable delay that most humans can fathom. Bout a half heartbeat..... We will see how the day goes.

Later

As a note, I have been on and off the forum since midnight30. Not a slow down in site. Well, maybe a couple of 250mS ones, but that is pretty much normal. I see 250mS as a detectable delay that most humans can fathom. Bout a half heartbeat..... We will see how the day goes.

Later

Yes, there will be occasional slowdowns, it was the "hitting the wall" issue that concerned me. The issue they identified does seem to align accurately with what I was seeing.

Last edited:
Functions seem to be very good so far this morning.

Yes, I think we may have found the core issue. The symptoms (fast or not at all) align perfectly with the max connection limit being exceeded. All of the other changes I made helped, since they reduced the total number of connections, but adjusting the limit was the real answer. I'll be watching closely of course, but I'm pretty optimistic about this.

A total of nearly 1400 people online within the last hour, and things are running nice and smoothly. That's the typical morning (in the US) rush and the place seems to be holding up to it just fine.

She's holding nice and steady! This just might work....

ETA - Graph of page load time. Nice low numbers are good, as is a smooth line. Red lines mean connection failure, not good.

1712074850004.png

Last edited:
Running nice and fast now... 2 weeks to trouble shoot. 2.5 second to change "max apache connections" to a larger number and fix everything.

Gotta love computers...

At first when I joined I thought oh boy, another slow forum but as of today 4/2 it's loading much faster than before. What ever you did it's working for me.

At first when I joined I thought oh boy, another slow forum but as of today 4/2 it's loading much faster than before. What ever you did it's working for me.
Bob has been working very hard over the Easter weekend to get the forum back up and running at its usual faster-than-light speed, it has taken some time, and trial and error, to find and fix the problem(s), but it now seems the solution has been found, so happy days.:cool:

One of the nicest graphs I've seen in a while. This represents page load time. The lower the number, the better it is. Also the fact that it's a nice even line, without a bunch of ups and downs means that the place is consistently running well. I'm beginning to think that all of the changes working together have resolved the issue. I'll keep watching though...

1712101645055.png

Door swung open and fast like the wind caught it.
Thanks Bob!!
Stop over to the ANPL coffee shop and I'll get you a Jack and Coke. :)

Back