FORD Auto Module

Time for an UPDATE

Ive done quite a bit on this module in the past couple days. I got the Central Valley track and switches in, so I layed that down, painted it all and applied the Micro-Engineering Code 83 Weathered Rail to the track. I only used one switch on this module, a #7 RH. it was my first Central Valley Turnout, and I have to say it wasnt that bad to assemble and operates nicely. Im still not done with it, I have to apply the 2 guard rail pieces, and then install the throw-bar....

The new section of pavement still needs another coat or 2 to make it smooth, so that will be done shortly. Ballasting the track was one of the other things ive been doing, just did a small section right before I took the pics below. Ill need to go back and get the little bits of ballast that floated to the tie tops when gluing, no biggy, I usually do that once the glue has sank in and its not dripping wet anymore, kinda half-way dried lol. You can see the 60' Auto Boxcars at the loading docks of the stamping plant, and the 89' Auto-Carriers at the other end of the module being loaded with some new pick-ups. The track bumpers over there will be painted and then glued down. Ive also applied a gravel roof to the Assembly Plant Structure, its mostly done and dry, but there is still a bit more that needs to be done on the right side of the structure that I havnt gotten around to doing yet lol.

Im also going to replace all the chain-link fencing and gates with new BLMA or Micron-Art (havnt decided which manufacture im going to use yet) Brass Chain-Link with Barbed wire, so once i get them in ill pull out the old Walthers fencing and apply the new fencing. And once the Throw-Bar is installed on the turnout, the rest of the turnout and area around the bar will be ballasted. Still alot of work to be done on this module, but its coming together quite nicely i think :D

SL373910.jpg

SL373911.jpg

SL373912.jpg

SL373913.jpg

SL373914.jpg

SL373915.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh,
I think it's really coming together nicely now. Do you really think you need to replace the fence with brass fence? I think it looks good now. Did you leave the wall next to the auto carries or did you take it out (can't tell from with the rail cars in place)?
Dave

Josh,
I think it's really coming together nicely now. Do you really think you need to replace the fence with brass fence? I think it looks good now. Did you leave the wall next to the auto carries or did you take it out (can't tell from with the rail cars in place)?
Dave

Thanks Dave :D

While I agree the Chain-Link fence doesnt look half bad, I just want to have Barbed wire, and well the only way Im going to get that is if I get the Brass fences, cuz there is no way in heck I would be able to have the patients to do barbed wire from scratch, let alone make it look decent enough LOL. I still need quite a bit more fencing here and there as well, so the brass installs will make it much easier, and since i dont pay retail to get them, thats another plus lol

The Retaining Wall behind the Auto-Carries is still there, I didnt take it out, it will stay there.

If you will remember, I had planned to cast the rear track (closest to the truck docks) to give them a little more room to pull out and back in, but I will no longer be going with this idea. the addition of the switch kinda ruined those plans LOL. Its all good though, a truck can pull out and back in, its just tight.... They can have the little extra space by pulling into the gravel if they need to :D

One more thing ill be doing after I install the Throw-Bar for the switch is installing some bumping posts to protect the Bar. I think this will be a nice detail that will stand out

Modules

Really nice work! Do you ever participate in Freemo meetings with your wonderful modules?
I 've had so much work lately, that is why my building of my Modesto modules have been att a standstill.
keep showing pictures Josh.
Swede
Stockholm

Thanks guys :D

The new Chain-Link Fence was put on order this morning, should have it sometime next week...

Took some new pictures a few mins ago. I made a gravel grade crossing to access the trailer storage yard in front of the Stamping Plant. Its tight, and only holds a few trailers, but ive seen this done around a few buildings in my area, stacking them 4-5 deep sometimes

SL370001-1.jpg

SL370002-1.jpg

SL370003.jpg

SL370004.jpg

SL370005.jpg

SL370006-1.jpg

SL370007.jpg

SL370008.jpg

Once, just once, I'd like to see you do a module like an outhouse with something the size of a 4 nest hen house. LOL!!!!! Just kidding Josh. You have a talent for creating those large expansive industries that I only wish I had room for. Great work.

Back