Flea Market finds

Gary B

The Fox Valley Railroad
Yesterday DuPage County held their 'all-Nite Flea Market' event. Yes the same Fair Ground venue that holds their monthly Train Swap meet. But other than the lame celebrety autograghs and the late hours, the cool thing is this is not a model railroading event. That means that people showing up with MR items are not expecting much for them and I always get a few good deals. This year I got a Plasticville barn for $3 (no great shakes), a huge house I've nevr seen before for $5. Wife says it looks like a school and I just might turn it into one.Lastly, a Heljan Roundhouse, complete not started for $15. Not a bad haul and it's always a fun night out. I did leave a set of three shorty heavy wieght passenger cars for $15 on the buyers table.

Attachments

• DSCF5350.JPG
    DSCF5350.JPG
    633.7 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF5351.jpg
    DSCF5351.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 123
There is a large flea market held almost every weekend at a small town NE of here. We occasionally go to it, and I have sometimes found some great things. One time back in the mid 1970's while still in college while working on my BSN, I found a NJ Custom brass ATSF 2-6-2 still unwrapped in it's plastic for $15. It was a $200 brass engine whose owner had died and the wife didn't know what the value really was. I did give the wife $75 for it, so she wouldn't feel to bad if she ever found out the true cost, but it was still a deal.

There is another flea market that is held at a state park near here, thats only held about once a month and I have found many deals there.

Back