Flange size on this model

The drivers look to be ok, the wheels on the pilot truck ,might need changing.If that little beast runs as good as my Mehano Mikados it is a great price on a sweet running loco,and I'm no steam fan.:D

Well, I'm really torn. I already have one switcher that won't run on code 70, which is my intended main line track. But this price is pretty amazing....

From the DairyStatePhone

If this has been made AFTER the updated 2-8-2, 4-6-2 & 2-10-2 were released, there is a very good chance that they will have RP25 flanges. You could always call Trainworld and ask.

I agree with Cjsrescent about calling Trainworld. Most everything built in recent years will operate on code 70 rail with the exception of some very cheap freight cars that I have seen at some swap meets while traveling around. My entire layout is all code 70 and the only cars that I have ever had a flange problem were a couple of Riverossi Northern Pacific passenger cars I picked up almost 20 years ago. What a pain they were. The trucks wouldn't accept Kadde or any other replacement wheels and to change out the trucks would have been a major operation. A dremmel tool solved the problem. These were the only flange problems that I have ever had.

I have two of these little steamers, they are super runners. No problem with flanges eigher code 70 is no problem. BTW the one shown is a Bargain, snatch it.

Pizza cutters.

To be honest, they look that way to me. It may not matter, though. In the time since I posted this question originally I've decided to use code 83 for all the mainline track, not just hidden staging, so it's likely not to be an issue anyway. Of course, if I dither long enough, it will be sold anyway... :rolleyes:

Back