First Scratch built Structure...

Actually I worked for a renovation company before. One time we almost put in a pre-assembled bay window in inside out!

One thing we ran into was putting in windows level, and having them look crooked because the walls were off plumb.

The bathroom window in my house is sideways. I didn't do that tho. At least he did put in drain holes!

I have a similar problem with our place. Last year I started ripping out the old 3/8 drywall replacing it with 1/2" and what a nightmare. I don't think a single wall was true vertical, straight or with a level floor, not to mention the lack of studs. In the end, I had to replace (believe this) 2 X 3 studs with 2 X 4 and add extra to bring the structure into spec with 16" stud centers. Re doing the entire bathroom was even a bigger nightmare, as you might imagine. At one point I just wanted to bull doze the whole place and start again BUT thought better of it :)

As for the Bay Window, well - having it "inside out" could start a fad and might look neat. All those yuppies would probably jump at the idea :rolleyes:

Back