February 2009 Photo Contest

Old 97

Hogger
The current economic downturn is having far reaching global effects with the world’s populace hunkering down and making the pennies stretch!
Hard times looming in the near future have small folks on the model railroads feeling the pain and looking for deals as they purchase supplies for the homestead.
Show us the *SMALL BUSINESSES on your layout that cater to the customers needs.
Whether it’s a general store, hardware, coal dealer or just a place for a shot and a beer with a good cigar, we want to see it!
One entry per member please. To enter, follow the link, login to the gallery and upload your photo. Good luck to all and thanks for participating in the photo contests!

http://www.modelrailroadphotos.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=596

* All types of small businesses & eras qualify for this theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool idea for a photo contest. I've got several in mind, I just need to be able to take a picture good enough to beat Bob or Gramps. :)

I've tried twice not to upload a pic, it says its uploading then it redirects me to the main contest [age, but I dont see my picture? What could I be dong wrong??:confused:

Update: Oh nebbermind, I figured it out. 1st phot musta been to big! (1.2MB) I downsized it and all is OK now.

Im afraid i dont have even the slightest chance at winning or coming close to winning lol

2 reasons

1. everybody's entry so far is OUTSTANDING!!
2. I dont have any sections or pictures from previous layouts that look even close to good to post in a photo comp of this subject! LOL

I love all the entries, and i gotta hand it to all of you that entered, you guys did some beautiful pics :eek: :D

It only has to look good in the camera, what is really there doesn't matter, just don't tell.

Back