Feb 29th Leapyear weekend photo fun

Here we have a local passing Castle Rock

Reading_G7_Local002a.jpg

P2K GP7 – Reading

Reading_G7_Local004a.jpg

Athearn RTR 60” Flat with two Stake Bed trucks – TTX. This is one of the flat cars I have been working on recently.

Reading_G7_Local006a.jpg

Atlas ACF 23,500 Gallon Tank Car – Citgo Petroleum

Reading_G7_Local008a.jpg

Atlas ACF 23,500 Gallon Tank Car – Citgo Petroleum

Bob B your photos and your modeling are inspiring! I love your scenes.

Thought I would pop in and share a couple that were e-mailed to this morning. These were taken on a cell phone during the Op session yesterday.

Kyle eases the Decapod up the slope with a string of reefers.

Kyleonupslope_w.png

Just to prove I was there. I'm the "mature" guy in the red shirt.....

KyleKevinRay_w.png

The session was a great first time event and showed me where all the problems are on the layout. The 2-6-6-2 derailed in the tender in the same spot every time it went upgrade. Nothing else had any problems in that location. I think it might have been a piece of ballast.... In several spots the scenery kept creeping closer to the rails and caused a few derails as well. I spent a couple hours last night "trimming" scenery and looking for the bad spots. I also decide to make some modifications to a couple of the 85' heavyweight passenger cars so they could make the 22" curves that I have in a couple plces and in running those found a small kink just after a bridge in the new section that caused p[roblem with the long cars. Got that fixed as well. All told a productive day for the SLO&W.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started a bit of "folliage etc.." on the lower portion of Chambly.

This is the SL&C main line heading east into "La Chine Yard" which is pretty much on the same grade all the way east to St-Lambert. Basically it is situated on a dried-out riverbed.The main line eventually re-join the upper portion of the "CN main line" that goes from the maritimes (westward) to Montreal and beyond (eastward). The CN main line roadbed and tracks (upper portion) can be seen on the background, above the shrubs.

Anyways, the tunnel portal is the section of the SL&C that goes underneath the city of Chambly (westward) and re-emerge west of town and "connects" to the CN main line and various industries.

This eastward CN train interchange with SL&C and is heading to La Chine yard.

So here's my "run-by" railfanning shot.

20083213650_Chambly1.JPG

20083213717_Chambly%202.JPG

20083213744_Chambly%203.JPG

20083213936_Chambly%205.JPG

200832131023_Chambly%206.JPG

Reading_G7_Local010a.jpg

Atlas ACF 3-Bay Cylindrical Hopper – Penn Central

Reading_G7_Local012a.jpg

Atlas Trainman ACF 50' 6" Box Car – Ashley Drew & Northern

Reading_G7_Local014a.jpg

Acurail 50' Exterior Post Modern Boxcar – Lehigh Valley

Reading_G7_Local016a.jpg

Mantua Caboose - Reading

Cool pics guys! Keep it coming.

That's the last from me for today. "Rough" shots from the CN main line entering Chambly. CN Eastward freight pasing the Chambly station.

200832135850_CN%20main%201.JPG

200832135934_Cn%20main%202.JPG

20083214054_CN%20main%204.JPG

And a "poor" shot of tracks/ties weathering...
20083214028_CN%20main%203.JPG

Keep them coming

Cheers

:D I think my camera problems are sorted, dug out my older camera which didint look to promising til I messed with the settings, it now looks half decent.

Did some more ballasting today and started work on a new track side building (ex container)

STA50009.jpg

STA50015.jpg

darkened my fence post a little too..

STA50016.jpg

John
RJR

Hey Josh, did you get that BNSF GE listed on Ebay today?

Never mind, just saw your post in the Ebay thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of progress photos of the F.D.Works building that I am putting the interior in. Interior is from scratch, building itself is a laser cut kit with some details changed.

Here's a short video showing it in action.]

Job well done Jeffrey. I imagined some old timer in the shed havin to get up an turn on the lights everytime it went dark. The delay is long enough to seem as if he was bumpin into things while trying to get the light. :D

I've got a good start on things. This is basically a layout so my kids,2 & 4, (girls) can watch trains run. And use a handheld to control them themselves. I think it works pretty good for that. I had to put it on a door because sooner than later, we'll be moving. Instead of doing a tear up, I'll just pick up and go.

BTW - if anyone saw my "wanted" post for the MRC command 2000 walkarounds, I ended up building two this weekend. My kids absolutely love having their own controller in their hands.

Still a long ways to go, but, I've got the track to where trains can roll. This is about 3 weeks work so far.

trainset1.jpg

trainset2.jpg

trainset3.jpg

trainset4.jpg

Boy, way too many pics to comment on individually but this is one of the best bunch of photos I've seen in a while. Unfortunately, I've been down to the layout once this week and that was to fix a misbehaving switch, which makes for some pretty boring pictures. :)

Back