Engine sheds

zoegraf

Craftsman at heart
I got my eye on this shed, which is pretty close to the prototype I want to model.

Does this shed only accommodate a loco backing in?

Judging from the position of the smoke jack I'd say yes. If the engine could not run under its own power then it could be pushed in in either direction by a yard switcher. After it was able to be fired up then most likely the switcher would drag it back outside to begin the start up without asphyxiating the workers and crew. The small windows along the sides would more or less confirm the relativley poor ventilation.

Provided that the apparent roof slope in the picture, allows a smokestack of a loco to reach the back of the shed, you can always add another smoke jack.

Judging from the position of the smoke jack I'd say yes. If the engine could not run under its own power then it could be pushed in in either direction by a yard switcher. After it was able to be fired up then most likely the switcher would drag it back outside to begin the start up without asphyxiating the workers and crew. The small windows along the sides would more or less confirm the relativley poor ventilation.

I really like this one, but also this one too.

I'm starting to think maybe building one from scratch would be better and it seems to be a simple structure to make.

Back