Elections Tomorrow at Train Club

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
I'll be running for the V.P. slot. The incumbent president will stay on another year.
I'll be running this on the layout before the vote.

20240209_175242.jpg

Got it. I'm the V.P. elect of the club now. Gonna meet with the other officers and get some basics established then start a pulse of the membership to see who is at what level of participation to move forward.
There has been a vague vision of having their own place, but not much more than that. The plan of waiting for someone to knock on our front door to give us the keys to a new facility isn't panning out as some might have hoped for.
We will have to start at the very beginning. State our vision, determine the tools needed, summarize our current resources and determine our first step.
I can do it but I want the club in general to own the process too.

Got it. I'm the V.P. elect of the club now. Gonna meet with the other officers and get some basics established then start a pulse of the membership to see who is at what level of participation to move forward.
There has been a vague vision of having their own place, but not much more than that. The plan of waiting for someone to knock on our front door to give us the keys to a new facility isn't panning out as some might have hoped for.
We will have to start at the very beginning. State our vision, determine the tools needed, summarize our current resources and determine our first step.
I can do it but I want the club in general to own the process too.
Congratulations Ken.

This club is in Ashland, VA. It's one of several clubs under the Richmond, Freelance & Prototype Model Railroaders Inc., (RF&PMR) a 501(c)3 organization. Yeah, this is right down the street from the Virtual Railfan video cameras of Ashland, VA. The RF&PMR is the group that I've been working with to merge the other club, the Prince William Model Railroad Crew (PWMRC) with that I'm a member of. I'm V.P. of the PWMRC also. There are three other model railroad groups under the RF&PMR as well. Each one has their own clubroom. The PWMRC is the only group that doesn't have a clubroom and only do modular shows. We're working with the City of Manassas to occupy a Southern Railroad boxcar and caboose that are on display right next to a Pavilion in the city center. We'll get our start there with a small modular layout then eventually move to a larger and more permanent location in a couple or few years. The president of the PWMRC and I have been developing a business plan for the group to achieve some long-range visions of the group. The two key items to achieve it are membership and donors. Our recent achievement of becoming a 501(c)3 under the RF&PMR was the first milestone in that journey which became official just last week. The boxcar is the second and we should be getting that in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Back