Easiest way to upload images?

Myowngod

Pennsy Tuscan Red Blood
Looking at all the postings I see people using many different ways to post their pictures. I've always uploaded direct from my computer to the manage images feature on this site. I have notice most people using Photobucket.com and other similar sites to upload their images, and then they link the pix from there to whatever posting they're doing.

One thing I noticed is that when I post my pix the are smaller thumbnails that people have to click on to see the full size picture. From Photobucket.com the images all seem to be the same size, but larger. Also you cannot click on them to view them.

What is everyones preference? And what is the easiest way to post pix?

I prefer to see the full sized images in the messages myself. I shrink my images to 750 pixels wide before I upload them to Photobucket, assuming some people use 800 wide screens.

It's obviously easier to upload the images directly to the message, so they are kept on the forum server. One step quicker than using Photobucket. I still prefer the control that Photobucket gives me, I can delete the images at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've attached pictures using both the upload tool for the MRR forums as well as having them hosted off-site with Flickr. Neither one of them is any easier but, using the forum upload tools does automatically make the thumbnails in the message. I kind of like that but, I do not always do it. Like Bob, I also try to get my photos resized so that they will fit on screens for everyone, usually 800x600 is the way that I go.

I like Photobucket. I didn't like Flickr. I haven't tried to forum host.

MVC-493F.jpg

Rotor

That's weird! I thought the img. code from Photobucket used to thumbnail the pics. :confused:

It does on "That Other Forum".

Rotor

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Photobucket has always posted the full-size image in-line, which is why I like it. As long as you keep the size down to 800x600 or smaller, it also doen't affect loading time of the thread. What I don't like about the thumbnail images is that sometimes they are so small it's hard to tell exactly what's going on and I really don't want to sit here clicking on a bunch of thumbnails only to find out they have no interest to me.

Back