DUPX 28075 8 axle Tetra Ethyl Lead tanker- build & finish-scratched

4626662150_855b2e2e52_b-1.jpg4613329499_9b81447173_b.jpg3994597217_d95e90d30b_b.jpg25318261137_4f1d06dcf4_b-2.jpg38880042370_47ec3d5bbf_b-4.jpg

I built this car using copies of the original plans. Thanks for looking.

Bobby

Yikes! Almost 28,000 gallons of anything is a whole lotta something!

Very nice work on the plumbing - and everything else.

I've looked at your pictures several times and each time I notice something new. Truly amazing. The fine detail is incredible.

You do have a way with tankers Bobby. I just love all that you have built over the years. So when you going to get these built into kits and sell them for some extra cash. The results are so great I know that your kits would sell.

Dave

That is very inspirational.
There is a company that sells these types of kits. I don't recall the name off hand, but I bought one of them a year ago or so. It's a fish belly tanker, but very close to just scratch material, i.e. PVC pipe for the body, provide your own trucks and couplers, etc. Mine is still in the drawer downstairs but I'm really looking forward to some time when I can build it.

Thank you Ken. The name of the model maker is Concept Models. Their models are a bit loosely conceived to say the least.

Bobby

Thank you Ken. The name of the model maker is Concept Models. Their models are a bit loosely conceived to say the least.

Bobby

Yeah, that sounds like it. When I saw it on line, I thought it was an assembled car. Kind of a surprise to open a box with material like it was.

Ken, I had the opposite results when I ordered what I thought were kits from a store in California. A online friend told me about the models. So sight unseen, I ordered three. He had bought several SP models, so he thought they would be good to go. They were painted, decaled and need trucks and couplers. BTW, the way, they were eight axle tank cars. Junk is to kind of a word for them. I gave them away. I would have felt guilty if I sold them. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Bobby

Back