Driver figures for Bachmann ON30 locos ?

alfsboy

Hi
I am a newbie to this forum so I hope you all bear with me .I am sculpting some On30 (1/48 )master figures for an embryonic small range of figures.I have done a depot clerk and nearly finished a seated engineer for the shay .this will be followed by a fireman type figure .I bought a Bachmann 2-6-0 today,The highly decorated Hawthorn village version as it was cheap and already have removed the cab .The question I want to ask is how did the engineer drove these narrow gauge locos with semi closed in backs as per the D+RGW and RGS type moguls .Did he drive out side the rear of the cab on a plate or seated or stood inside the actual cab itself with the doors shut .The natural position of the levers etc is half in half out of the cab .Hope someone out there knows the answer . I used to make the Junes Small world figures ,also Pheonix and Montys plus others .I must admit that the On30 gear is a bit addictive and I can already see a layout on the horizon though I think the wolf decorated Hawthorn Village loco will need a drastic repaint .I usually model California modern.
Thanks in advance for your time.:)
Martin

People were smaller then. When I put a crew in the Bachmann On30 OF 2-8-0 I used 1/50 scale Preiser's and they just fit.

obj36geo36pg1p33.jpg

Visit:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/of_crew/

Thank you if you visit
Harold

People were smaller then. When I put a crew in the Bachmann On30 OF 2-8-0 I used 1/50 scale Preiser's and they just fit.

obj36geo36pg1p33.jpg

Visit:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/of_crew/

Thank you if you visit
Harold

"People were smaller then."

That sounds REALLY funny, but it's true! Maybe not to a large extent of difference, but they honestly were smaller. I was at the Chicago Art Institute and they had a very large display of suits of armor going very far back in history. Some of them weren't much larger than a young teen is today. It's always amazing to me to think about how those things change, and how we have verifiable evidence of it.
________
MONTANA MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by a moderator:

Back