Drgw

In college I went on a fieldtrip to UT and saw some DRGW tunnel motors. I had to build a pair of the them, 5395 and 5412. Here's a photo of 5412 from the photo gallery here. Usually I model the BN but I have some photos of BN and DRGW units mixed.

5412.jpg

I'm going to be modeling the DRGW but my layout is based on a fictional shortline that interchanges with them along the old Aspen Branch, era between 40's-60's for the wide mix of motive power. I'm still in the planning stages though

Winnemucca,Nevada-still have a home in Montrose,CO though.

Driven through there a couple of times, on my way into NorCal. Interesting high-desert area. My wife's parents live in Elko.

It seems that every time I leave Colorado I end up doing everything I can to get back.

I'm modeling the D&RGW. Denver Union Station, The Moffat Tunnel (in the rockies), eastern plains of Colorado.

I've been complaining, that there isn't enough D&RGW equipment, but recently the MRR manufacturers are starting to release some new stuff. Athearn just released a couple Dash 8s, fantasy scheme, and MTH is releasing some D&RGW passenger cars!

Right now I'm putting together the Colorado Ski Train. So far I have the Intermountain FT AB set, and 3 Walthers D&RGW Yellow w/ Black Stripes. Still searching for more cars.

Coming out for work?

Ski Train has quit running, but the Royal Gorge Route (http://www.royalgorgeroute.com/) still runs... not quite the same, though.

Yes the wife was transferred to her company's Denver location for a year. Since we are young, have no kids and don't own a house it should be quite the experience for us. I'm looking forward to it, will be nice to get out of NY and see what life is like out west, that being said I am sort of dreading driving the 31 hours with our two cats :rolleyes:

Back