Double Header on the bridge

Wow, Gary... :eek:

What an awesome scene! The rock detailing is SO cool... and the bridge height is really dramatic!

More pics please!:)

Greg

Wow, Gary... :eek:

What an awesome scene! The rock detailing is SO cool... and the bridge height is really dramatic!

More pics please!:)

Greg

Thanks for the comments, this has been real fun building and here are a few more pic's

Those tension rods with turnbuckles are a really nice touch. And the trees give just the right impression. Did you make them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those tension rods with turnbuckles are a really nice touch. And the trees give just the right impression. Did you make them?
The trees are easy to make just take alot of time. I found everything to make them at Hobby Lobby, 12" wood dowels in assorted diameters and platic asparagus fern then covered with ground foam. I tappered the dowels on the bench grinder and then racked a hand miter saw down them to give them some deep groves. Painted with craft paint, burnt umber and brown. Drilled holes 1 level at a time, cut the fern pieces to size and inserted with alittle glue to hold, let dry and then sprayed dilluted glue water and soap mixture on and sprinkled with ground foam after all the branches are in place. Almost forgot i drilled a hole in the bottom and inserted a piece of wire to help when you place where you want it.

The trees are easy to make just take alot of time. I found everything to make them at Hobby Lobby, 12" wood dowels in assorted diameters and platic asparagus fern then covered with ground foam. I tappered the dowels on the bench grinder and then racked a hand miter saw down them to give them some deep groves. Painted with craft paint, burnt umber and brown. Drilled holes 1 level at a time, cut the fern pieces to size and inserted with alittle glue to hold, let dry and then sprayed dilluted glue water and soap mixture on and sprinkled with ground foam after all the branches are in place. Almost forgot i drilled a hole in the bottom and inserted a piece of wire to help when you place where you want it.

They're works of art... :)

This is my layout for now until i get the space cleared out to continue, just wanted to practice to see if i still could build stuff as it has been to many years. The kids are grown up now and out the house and my other half has agreed to let me build another layout.
js1024_sierra_pacific_lines_083.jpg

WOW! :eek:

What a dramatic mountain! That is so freaking awesome!:) Where does the train go after it crosses the trestle. Or is that a pizza layout?

You could build a really nice layout around a diorama like that. :) I really like how you made the railroad a small feature within an immense natural setting. That trestle actually looks dangerous!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back