Does this Ebay seller's headline look accurate?

DairyStateDad

Mumbling in the corner
http://tinyurl.com/kv9emld

I'm beginning to suspect that 1) the item is NOT DCC and 2) it is not made by Bachmann. [UPDATE: That is incorrect-- Seller has confirmed to my Satisfaction that it is a Bachmann product.]

Would anyone here care to take a look and give me your opinion on whether it does or does not match the seller's headline description?

(And don't worry, if you're not sure and end up giving the "wrong" answer -- at this point I truly don't know what the right answer is -- I won't hold that against you...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was one of those fools, but fortunately I have now been outbid and I will keep it that way. I jumped in early and later realized I had done so prematurely... thanks for confirming my suspicions...

Update: I did politely question the seller, who did send a photo confirming it *is* a Bachmann product, so I withdraw that particular allegation.
But I am remaining out of the bidding contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you know, not only is that 1980's vintage Bachmann engine not DCC, it is not HO scale. And where is the tender? Plus, the only "smoke" you will see is when (not if) the motor goes up in a cloud of it.

Erik,

As everyone has stated, stay away from this. N scale, detail missing, rapido style coupler. About the only thing it would be good for is a display on the rip track.

Bad news all around. It's obvious the thing is N scale, also obvious it's missing its tender. I was amused by the "beautifully detailed" remark. Never buy from uninformed sellers.

... Never buy from uninformed sellers.

Sometimes Jim, those are the ones to buy from, especially if they're selling something you know alot more about than they do. Several times I've contacted the seller and informed him that if the item didn't sell, I was willing to take it off their hands for X number of dollars. 99% of the time they're willing to sell it to me.

I've gotten several OOP craftsman kits, like Gloor Craft, Tichy, Westerfield and Funaro. You have to look and look hard. These kind of deals only come around once or twice a year.

Well, never have I been so happy to lose an auction. Many lessons there ... like if it's too good to be true it's probably not true... and never bid on something just from having seen it on my phone. I won't pass public judgment on the seller, but regardless of his motivations I won't be looking at anything he's auctioning again in the future. Thanks to all who weighed in and helped me assure myself that I could indeed believe my own eyes...

I pity the buyer. When he gets it and finds out its not HO, not in great shape, and the only smoke its gonna make is from the motor when he fires it up, they are not going to be impressed.

Back