Discussion images automatically added to the media gallery.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Image attachments will now be automatically added to the Media Gallery

A new feature has been rolled out that will automatically upload any ATTACHMENTS that you post in a discussion to the photo gallery. It's going to take me some time to get all of the categories on line and make some changes to the gallery, but it should be progressively rolling out in the next few weeks.

What this means is that attachments posted in a discussion will be shown in the appropriate category in the gallery. Forum discussions kind of vanish when they scroll out of the "what's new" listing. I'm hoping this is a way to make the images much easier to find.

So, what's an "Attachment"? An attachment is an image that you upload directly to the forum. The easiest way to do that is to simply do a copy and paste into your post. You can also search for images on your computer and upload them.

What isn't an attachment?
Files hosted someplace else. If it's not posted here it won't be copied to the gallery.
Videos - videos posted in the forums will not upload directly to the media gallery. However, we'll also be adding some video feature there in the near future, so stay tuned.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Will there be an option where we can choose or even disable what will be added to the gallery from our threads, a lot of my layout photos are not of any particular interest to most members, so it would be pointless to add them to the gallery.

Will there be an option where we can choose or even disable what will be added to the gallery from our threads, a lot of my layout photos are not of any particular interest to most members, so it would be pointless to add them to the gallery.

The categories in the gallery will reflect those here in the forum. So, for example, if they're layout build photos, they'll be in that category.

People can choose which ones they look at by category.

Might be best to think of it this way: Consider it a quick way to browse images that are shown in various thread to find which threads you'd like to see.

Also, I'll be keeping an eye on it and seeing how well it works and adjust as needed.

Last edited:

Back