Digitrax Challenger upgrade?

joem5127

I was going to buy a new Digitrax starter set but I ran across an old Challenger set consisting of a DB100a command station/booster unit and a CT4 hand-held throttle at a sale. I would like to upgrade to a DT400 throttle. Can I do this? Will it work with my command station? I want to do this so programming decoders will be easier.

I'm realtively certain these could be incorporated into a Zephyr unit for more power. A lot of people combine the Empire Builder with the Zephyyr and use the Zypher as the command center.

For a direct answer to your question and to eliminate guesswork, call Digitrax and ignore our ramblings no matter how much we think we know.

Taken from the Digitrax website.
"LocoNet gives you the ability to use all Digitrax LocoNet components in your system no matter when you purchased them. You can continue to use what you already own with the new components that are available now. This will work with all starter sets except for Challenger. If you have a Challenger Set and you want to move up, the best thing to do is to purchase one of the new sets and use the DB100 series booster that came with your Challenger as an extra booster or auto-reversing booster on your layout. The CT4 throttle that came with the Challenger Set is not a LocoNet throttle, it is an analog throttle that can’t be used with LocoNet."

Back