Detailing help needed.

JA757

I have two Athearn Genesis's SD60M one is Union Pacific 6284 and BNSF 9297 and i want to add more detail, I am wondering if there is a Detail kit for the SD60's or SD60M's out there that I can uses. Or what detial Parts are need for thoses to locmotives, is it possible for a list.

Thanks.

Details West DS-331 set for the BNSF GP-60 and DS-332 set for the UP (ex-SP) GP-60 should do you. Except for some minor piping and wiring differences to the trucks, all the rest of the details should be the same for the SD's.

so the detial sets should be good for my SD60M's then? they dont make a specific set for SD60M's

The GP60 detail packs bear NO resemblance to the SD60M. You'll have to got detail by detail. The only thing close would be the SD70M packs, and they're still going to be a tad off..

Thanks jbaakoo, i was looking at the detials for the GP60 and it wouldnt of looked right. but thats for a bit more info on the detial parts.

I have two Athearn Genesis's SD60M one is Union Pacific 6284 and BNSF 9297 and i want to add more detail, I am wondering if there is a Detail kit for the SD60's or SD60M's out there that I can uses. Or what detial Parts are need for thoses to locmotives, is it possible for a list.

Thanks.

Is the SD60M UP6284 a three window?

The GP60 detail packs bear NO resemblance to the SD60M. You'll have to got detail by detail. The only thing close would be the SD70M packs, and they're still going to be a tad off..

Dang, I knew I should have let you answer this one, Josh. I was thinking of the standard cab SD60 like this:

Sooline2-1.jpg

instead of the SD60M. Slipped on that last letter. :)

Man 9297 looks beautiful. I need to get me some of those SD60M's.

Jim, even the SD60 would not use the details of the GP60. The GP60 details are off cue. They come with antenna stands the would not be needed. Either could be used, but, I still feel the SD70M will be a better choice.

thanks josh, oh ya 9297 is beautiful, just need to get the replacent handrail. and get the detials on them both 9297 and 6284 and a bit of weathering should do it and it look sweet.

thanks Jon

Back