Decoder Functions

SP7201

I have a question about light fuctions. I have a number of SP units with full light packages front and rear. What decoders would someone recomend and the number of functions the decoder has to operate the lights?

If all your loco is non sound any four function decoder will work, even a cheap one, look around, see what's available and in your budget, one thing you need to consider is the amount of available space within the bodyshell for the decoder, ESU, Zimo and Digitrax are a few to look at, everyone has their favourites, so you'll get lot's of differing opinions on decoders.

I have a question about light fuctions. I have a number of SP units with full light packages front and rear. What decoders would someone recomend and the number of functions the decoder has to operate the lights?
What Smudge617 said. Additionally, what do you mean by full light packages? SP units depending on the time period had bunches of different lights. Then are you also meaning separately lighted marker boards, lighted classification lamps, ditch lamps (that alternate)(that alternate when horn blows)? Each thing you want to control separately will need its own function.

Back