Custom Painter needed

malletman

Alcohaulic
I have a MRC/Lima C420, was previously stripped, I tried to shoot it gloss black, looks horrible. Needs to be restripped and painted/decaled for Monon in the black and gold colors. Would like numbers in all number boards. Shell only, I already have the chassis ready to go. I can take care of handrails. Anybody good at painting on here and can get her back to me fairly quickly? Thanks for the help in advance. Mike

Just a thought. I have painted a few cars and trucks, fullsize. And when it comes to black straight gloss black rarely looks good except for lacquer. I would shoot it with a flat black or a dull black and then clear coat it. It would then look great.

Problem is that it now need stripped again. Due to my asthma most of the chemicals that will strip it make me a bit ill. The decaling is easy on this unit, the brass colored gold stripe is the harder part, really should be painted on and not decaled do to the molded on grab irons on this older model. The local painted is backed up for several months due to his day job taking up most of his time. Mike

You might want to pick up a respirator at home depot. You can get a decent one for about 50 bucks and you won't even smell the paint or chemicals.

Well, I tried to strip the shell to reshoot it with a different black paint, and shell disolved so its trash. So now I have 2 MRC chassis and no shells. DAMMIT! So I ordered a new Atlas Monon C420 with sound from Caboose Hobbies. Got a great deal on it to. Anybody got anymore MRC/Lima C420 shells? Need 2

Dont use Pine Sol with older MRC/Lima shells, thats all I can say, plastic got real soft and the details on the one side are a bit softer now. Shell is basicly ruined. So I need another replacement shell.

Wow! Never heard of pine sol doing that before. I got one of those old lima c420's got to remember not to ever dip it in that. Thanks for the tip and sorry about your locomotives. They really need to sell extra shells for those old c420's. They were never that bad of a engine. Oh here is another one not to try, brake fluid+ slippery engienering plastic= the same thing you got when you stripped your shells, a gooey mess.

Both the Rivarossi and the MRC/Lima shell will fit, dont know if Rivarossi ever offered spare shells. Mike

Back