Custom painted Locos

Jannie

Care to share your custom painted loco?

Here's my 4-6-2 'in the works'....I've added some white accents & copper colour to various places.....

Let's see what you got ;)

Nicely done Jannie. And all this time I thought you were a diesel guy! ;)

Here are my FP7's fresh out of the paint shop last May. A white stripe has been added to separate the colors where my hood units and switchers don't have any white. This is a repost of a pic I put up for another thread a while back.

picture.php

^Nice Mike.

Steam is actually what got me into MRR way back ( around '85 ) even before I got my 1st MRR set in '88....yes,when I was 6yrs old ;)

An Uncle of my Dad teached me how to draw steam locos off of posters he had & old pics....he was the allready in his '70's & a big fan of all 'old' mechanicals.
He got me to fall in love with trains in general.....He passed away early '02.

I've always loved steam,but MRR 'BIG' steam locos are very expensive......This 1 I got through this site with the help of Kellan & another friend of mine ( Barry ) whom bought this loco from Jay ( also a member )
Well,almost 8weeks later she arrived last Friday morning @ the post office :)

I plan to buy 1 or 2 more steamers,but then that's it.

I've currently got 11 diesels & 1 steamer.......& with my limited space,I don't have much storage for more,except for the remaining 5 diesels on their way.

I'm gonna add another 'tab' of red to the wheel weights & 4 of the 'arms',I've just added silver to all the moving 'arms'.

Pictures to follow..... ;)

Here she last friday...

when you say custom painted, do you mean stuff that we've painted? stuff that wasn't made by a company or stuff that doesn't exist but we wanted to make it anyway?

Either way, here's mine.
NJ Transit P40
NJTP40logonumbers.png

Lehigh Valley SD90MAC'S
IMG_1926.png

IMG_1931.png

Pennsylvania C40-8W
IMG_0310.png

I have others but they're not totally finished yet.

when did you do that P40? I have a complete A+B+B+A set painted in the wide single band stripe. And that CNJ unit looks dam good!

Custom painted...any loco that youput custom paint touches on,even if only minor,to make it unique ;)

This is an old custom painted Samhongsa of a CNR Gas Electric along with a photo of the prototype.

And a Samhongsa CNR 2-8-0.

That's all I have; the rest are factory painted.

Here's a few more. I need to get updated pics as I have finished more parts on them as time has allowed.
NYSW SD40T-2
NYSW3014numberslogo.png

HOmodelfront.png

Pennsylvania P40 A+B+B+A set.
IMG_0011.png

IMG_0014.png

Back