Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like we're all in a rut.

I hereby solemnly swear, to get out of the rut.

so I'm moving. big long story I won't bore you with, but its critical that I do.

but i'll inflict all the gorey details on you later. After i move. if i ever have highspeed again.

oh god. i don't think its available where i 'm going. Good thing its going to be temporary. for how long, I have no idea.

just shoot me now.

or I could stick my head in the oven.
too bad its electric.

Or running around in you underwear outside in the snow would do ya in quick;):D or end u up in a looney bin..... one or the other:p

You know I was wondering where Jim might be???? with all this cold weather he may be in Coco Beach or in Key West? I bet he's in Key West!:D

I wanna go to Key West. its gotta be better than running around outside in my underwear.

So.

I have some time.

here's the short version:

While i love my indoor arena, and the barn where I am, its too far away from anything to really make a business work. SO. I've been looking for a new place. They are few and far between.
however, since I've been here for one and a half years, I did the nice thing, and let landlord know that I was looking, and that I would give him enough notice. we don't actually have a lease. I'm just here by the month. works so far.

or it DID.
the only turn-out for the horses is OVER THE SEPTIC BED.
which has failed.
and there is something wrong with the pump. its not frozen, its submersible, but I've had NO WATER AT ALL for the last two weeks.
I've had to go to the neighbours to haul water for ten horses, plus myself. takes all frickin day.
you've seen the length of the driveway. fill it with snowdrifts, and you'll have some idea of wht I'm dealing with.

but, it gets worse.

the septic is now backing up into the toilet on the first floor. apart from not being able to use it, because there's no water, its backing up, i can' clean anything with no water, and I can't get it to work.

so.

I call LL. explain the situation.

at which point he says, well you were moving anyway. be out by the end of the month.

i'ld already been trying to find a place for the horses, which i was lucky enough to do this weekend. got them all moved, thank GOD for other horse people. no charge to trailer all ten, get them housed, fed, WATERED, until i get the next place.

here i am, can't bathe, can't do dishes, no drinking water...

I feel like a homeless street person.
I'm packing up, the barn is packed and ready to go.

I called the guy who bought my old farm two years ago, he has another farm that i can move to for a while.
{he's rented my old place to someone else}.
so, tonight, i take a truckload of barn stuff and come back with water for breakfast.
i'll get the house stuff packed and moved in the next two days, the horses will move in on wed.
I have to get hay to the new barn, cancel phone, hydro, change mailing addresses....

ugh. moving is a pain any time, but its worse in the winter.
books are the WORST things ever to pack up, I have a couple thousand. and records. old vinyl. heavy.
and I collect hand blown glass. try moving that in a hurry.

then, there's my dog and SIX cats. they'll all come too, but I only have one cat carrier.

its all a pain in the neck.

at least I'm down to nine horses, I did sell one.

the loony bin might be a nice option.

LTF- my mom says real estate, and she says shes glad the market for home sales dips in the winter, less stressed out couples in a rush with expensize checks in there hands that she has to keep control of :p. Good luck with the move, hope everything goes nice and easy for you.

MY only Question is......Where is JIM and PHILIP? I know Philip is more than likely dealing with his wife(I Been there done that!)......But JIM? Has any body heard from him?:confused:Does Jim owe somebody here a large sum of cash or Messing around on another board or with another mans wife or is it Another Government plot to Capture people who know to much and do away with them or something? Answers.....We need Answers People!
I sent Jim a PM, with a read receipt request. So far, it has not been read since Friday...

Good morning. It's 29 and clear. The high will be around 50 with passing clouds.

I got the roof into the DPM structure and sprayed the FMC covered hopper down with Clear Flat, effectively killing the gloss. The Clear Flat fogged up in a few places but on the gray coloring of the hopper it looks good. Today I'll be following my father to a repair shop in town, same one I took my car to to have the brake system fixed. He needs to take his truck in for front end work, the first it's had since 1992. Not bad for an 18 year old Ford F150. He'll need a ride back home so that's why I'm following along. I'll also have a camera with me in case I come across anything worthy of a shot.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P2150503.jpg

good morning. I'm out of cat food.

one of the young ones is in heat, has to go be spayed.

gotta load the truck with the last of the barn stuff. tack trunk, wheelbarrow, forks, shovels, brooms...

oh the joy.

LTF At least you'd be out of that pioneering place!:eek::eek:

Good Morning--

And yet another dull day for our viewing pleasure with about 1" today of snowfall--enough to cause our drivers to go all guibbly:(:(

Have some cleaning up of worktable to do--lost some plans for the Williston Yard and I can't find the dang things---[Headbang]:mad::mad:

Anyhooooo--have a good one --:):)

Good morning folks

It was 30 F on the way in this morning. Our high will be 32 F with some snow showers.

In Drexel Hill we got another 2 inches over night. It covered the sidewalk and driveway but the roads were just wet. The drive into the office was fine until the last two miles when it started sleeting. The roads were fine but the idiot drivers were panicking, slamming on the brakes, and slowing down to a crawl. I usually don’t have a problem driving in the snow except for the moron drivers and the stupid things they do. That is usually why I tend to stay on the back roads during a snow storm. The road maybe tougher to drive but I know I can make it through because I don’t have some idiot wiping out in front of me because he was driving too fast or sometimes too slow.

Sunday we took my son to Valley Forge Military Academy. He is working on his Swimming Merit Badge there. Last night he got one more step closer to his First Class rank. He also talked to one of the Scoutmaster about his last requirement for Second Class and he will be doing it once the snow melts. With all the snow and wind we did not lose power until last evening. We lost it for about an hour because a tree branch took out some wires down the street.

Even with all the time off, I did not get any train time. I did watch my son run his GG-1 with his new Athearn passenger cars. He came up with a solution to one the track configuration problems I was having and I will be incorporating it into the layout when I (we) work on that section. Funny how a fresh set of eyes can solve a problem that you have been wrestling with for years.

Tonight we get back to the grind. My son has guitar lesson and my daughter has volleyball practice. Her first tournament is coming up at the end of the month.

I hope everybody has a good day.

LTF is so busy moving, she doesn't have tome for a cup of coffee.
Jeffery must be going to the doctor to get his foot checked and Chris... well the silence is deafening!
Even Karl has other things to do today.

I shall continue to monitor the activity here and be sure to leave Flo a big tip today. if things don't pick up, she may have to eat stale doughnuts for her supper.

Even if you are busy, stop long enough to say "hi!"

Good After Noon, just got back from a mowing run. I had 4 accounts that needed my attention and now I'm done. Now I got to get this house in order and get dinner fixed by 6:30. Current temp 60 something degrees with a breeze out of the north. Our weekend forcast is low to mid 70's full sunshine and I got passes for Bush Gardens. This Sunday they have Huey Lewis and the News consert free to pass holders:D. The kids, wife and I plan to go, should be fun time!

I see I regulars are at Flo's and we still have MIA's:confused: Hmmmmmm,intresting hope all is well with our MIA's and nothing serious:( Either way I'll send a prayer their way just incase.

LTF, moving ain't fun I agree with that. You just got to keep on moving south the weather is much better for animals! Florida has some great farm land:cool:!

Terry, I sent Jimbo a PM also.......I hope he's alright:eek:!

Steveo, You nothing new or exciting? I can't believe that!:rolleyes:;)

Mikey, I had to mow a couple of yards before I could play today!:D

Tom, try driving down here Just before, Durring and right after a Hurrican! That will haunt your memories!;):p

Berry, are ya tired of the snow yet?:confused: Remember.....Go south Young man...Go South!;)

Mikey: maybe Flo won't have to move so soon, if the business doesn't pick up. The bad side is we retirees wouldn't have as many to jaw with :D.

Hi Steve! No fires to fight?

LTF: Ahh, the misery of a move. I sure hope that we don't ever have to do that again.

Hi Dude Chris and all you other old folks :p

I am holding a lump of magma i sneaked out of lanzarote, how exciting is that for ya, it's about 3lbs, wouldnt like to be in a place with this raining down on me from the sky :eek:

When I was a hatchling, my family went to Lake Navajo in Utah and we got some Lava rock.....Ditto wouldn't want to be there when that crap is flowing!

Hiya Chris!
Several years ago, I did some touring of Hawaii. I didn't get to go where the active volcano is, but I have always found the lava tubes and formations interesting. I love the National Geographics and BBC specials that tell about the Earth's beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back