Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys got any old and damaged Zippo lighters? After years of throwing them in a draw, I finally took them up on their life time guarantee and sent them four for repair. Got them back yesterday complete with repaired lids and all with brand new lighter inserts; all were free including return shipping and the turnaround was about 5 weeks. All you have to do is evaporate the fuel, throw them in any box, include a letter with name and address, and send them to the company.
I have one that I bought around 15 years ago. It's a KFOR commemorative and has NEVER been used.

Hey how's it going? I Did some MRRing today:eek:! I finally got around to making a 48 Passenger car and a 40 passenger Observation car today! All I need now is some plastic putty to fill in the seams, Pullman green paint and some MicroTrains 4 wheel Passenger trucks. They should go nicely with my Single motor box cab locomotive! I'll post a pic of them shorty........

Last edited by a moderator:
HEELLLOOOOOO!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anyone Home?!?!?!?:eek::confused::eek::confused:

Sheeesh!! Talk about quiet!:eek::eek:

Oh, hi Chris----where'd everyone go?:confused::confused:

Nice and busy today--got a whole bunch of hd things finished and gottabuys done----:eek::rolleyes:;)

What a gorgeous day today, for having 18" of white stuff on the ground and 27* outside.

Mail delivered a new batch of Kato and Atlas diesel locos today. Two boxes of passenger cars and 12 freight cars. And another pair of steam engines. Ebay has now broke the bank. All cost me less than $200 to my door. Actually didn't miss $200 by much, about $.27. I keep telling myself I don't need any more trains, but I keep finding things I "need". This last batch contained a group of Wabash streamline passenger cars. I'd been looking for the odd cars to finish out one of my trains here and there for about a year. Found a deal that had a complete set. Starting bid was $9.99 with $12.00 shipping. No one bid other than me.

Ebay is going crazy. Seems that the crappy stuff is going for many times more than it's worth, while some of the higher quality stuff they can't give away. Fine with me, I'm cheap and have no pride when it comes to deals.

We, finally got out today and I headed to the P.O. to drop off some stuff i sold on the vintage HO site. There's also a guy that wants a couple of E7/8 shells I have from the chassis I sold a guy in Milwaukee. He offered $50 plus shipping. So, having never shipped to New Zealand before, I got a quote. $43.45!!!!!!! I'll never complain about shipping in costs in the US again!!! Well, maybe never.

The starter problem on the car turned out to be the solenoid. Easy fix as they are mounted on the fender well on Mercurys. I made the better half think it was a MAJOR undertaking. Took 8 wrenches, 6 sockets, 2 ratchets, my big pry bar, and a hammer out to the car. Took longer to put the tools away than it did to change the solenoid. Maybe 5 minutes.

Well, I've got engines to clean and lube.

Bob

good morning, its 2:30

and I can't sleep.

SM, proof once again that guys like to make things more complicated than they really are.
:D:D:rolleyes::D

My favourite line to use at work used to be:

If guys can do it, how hard can it be.

snork. hahaha. I'ld get a HUGE reponse whenever I said that, being the only woman in the place, doing the same work as the guys did.

made me laugh each time.
sometimes I miss my old job. mostly, I miss the paycheque.

so, having coffee, and then will do some packing and sorting.

May be if I start screaming the echo in this place might give me someone to talk too:(!

"GOOD MORNING...Morning...morning...morning...morning...moring..."

Oh hi, I thought this place was empty:( at least I got you Mr. Echo to talk to!:):);)

Jim turn's up missing(He really knows to much)....Now everyone else! I know it's a Government cover up now and we're the targets! Runnnnnnnnnn fer yer lives the OG-Men are comming! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Good morning everyone.

More snow last night. I feel for the folks out east, but it just keeps coming around here. Our problem is that nothing is melting. Couple that with the snowiest month of march and you are going to see some flooding this spring.
Oh well, my layout is on the second floor of the house. At least it won't get wet!

I received some products from scenic express yesterday. I had ordered some 'buffalo grass' , silflor product for my yard area. That is some cool looking stuff. I recall somebody saying that no foam product can really look like grass up close. After starting with some of my landscaping, I couldn't agree more. This stuff is just the ticket to make the area pop. I just wouldn't want to try and cover a big area with this stuff, boy is it expensive. Oh well, well worth money.

I suppose I had better get to work, have a good day everyone.

Good morning. It's 34 and the white stuff is falling. The expected high will be 39 with an additional accumulation of 1 to 2 inches of the white stuff.

Woke up this morning to find some strange looking white stuff on the ground and anything else it could land on. My car has gone from blue to white. More of this stuff is expected to appear later today. I'm hoping it goes away soon. Nothing on the schedule for today, yet.

P2120456.jpg

P2120459.jpg

Good morning. And it's a Friday morning! Some high clouds, but mostly sunny. We're suppose to be right around 70 today. I think I'll spend some time this morning planning out the weekend.

Small office party today for someone's last day. Hopefully it will be a relaxed day. Although one of the idiot warehouse people left the lift cage outside Wednesday night and it got stolen. Need to get a new one and figure out who (maybe all) to scream at.

It's 53*'s raining and just a nice day compared to the snow white north!:p:D I know I'm cursing myself with a horrible Hurrican season by rubbing it in.....I just can't help myself!;):rolleyes: I got my new busines cards finally they are nicer than the first run! Well the wife and son went to their jobs sick. I tried to brighten my wifes day by giving her V-Day gifts early, I brought the stuff to her at work! dozen red roses,Sugarfree candy, ballons, and of course a heart felt card! All her co-works were asking if I seen any of their husbands in the parking lot?:eek: I guess I had better make some phone calls huh?:confused: Naaaaaaaaa, if they haven't thought of it by now they got whats comming to them tonight!:D:p;):)

Snow is finally coming down here in T-town, Alabama. This has saved many weatherman's life since every school district closed (what a crock) based on their prediction. Actually, I think the schools were just looking for an excuse to have a 4-day weekend. They have backed off to 1-3" accumulation today, so that snowman I was going to build is going to be very very small. Anyhow, its fun to watch.

Chris: You are a very bad boy. Just wait until Spring when all them Yankee fellows whoop-up some of that Washington D.C. hot air and send it your way, complete with a whipping CANE.

Have you Easterners found Al Gore, yet?:confused:

It's Snowing!!!!!!!!!! First time it has snowed in Mobile in 14 years. If we get as much as they are predicting we may have to change the city name to Snowmobile! LOL

Glenn

Traffic is a little lite in here this morning.

I had to spend the last 12 hours sharpening the blade on my snow shovel!
I was all ready to shovel off the driveway this morning at 6 AM.
I still have not seen the first SNOW flake, although there have been a couple of the other kind on TV saying it will be coming. They must have recorded the weather report before they went home last night.:eek:

I really am sorry for the people getting another 8" to 15" of snow in the eastern US this weekend. Many of them are without electric service and are having to use alternate heat sources to keep the pipes from freezing.

I heard from a friend in the Washington DC area who got into work this morning and was able to recharge his cell phone and make some calls finally.
His house is still without power since Saturday. They have a fireplace for warmth and a gas grill to cook on. He says all the fun went out of it after 48 hours.
Well, I need to go spray my snow shovel with WD40 to make the snow easier to shovel.:D:eek:

LOL:D
Glenn, I was stationed there at Brookley Field while in the Air Force and it snowed 1964 (or 65) New Years Eve, surprising everyone. The whole city went crazy about it.

Mikey: You're not going to rush out and buy a snow blower, are you?

Glad to be back inside from the snow. I was using the shovel to get the snow off my windshield.... as a fan to blow it off!

Rex- I just called my neighbor who works for the Home Depot in Pell City and asked if he had any snowblowers.
He almost had a hernia laughing so hard at me. They are 20 miles east of me and they are starting to get some flakes.
BTW, if I really want a snowblower, he can get one here in 7 to 10 days!

HHhmmm! With all this snow, maybe I should go to the grocery store for 3 gallons of milk and 8 loaves of bread? Uh think???:eek::eek:

Hi everyone: I usually just look in the window, here, but I had to chuckle at your discussion of snow. Here's a couple of shots from South Central Pa. DJ.

Wed. morning.

P1040554.png

Thurs. afternoon.

P1040559.png

P1040575.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back