Come and see Flo at Coffee Shop 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I made $30.75. $10/day, $0.05/mile :D

Chris: don't worry about moving the Toy. Being a 155mm, it would subtract a county from the state of Florida :eek:.
Here is a link to one being fired. Ken, this video makes one appreciate what you said about the ear plugs. LOL! http://www.olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_m198howitzer.php

.;):D

Great!:) You can donate that $30.75 to, "Save Trinity Railway Company Fund" Make check out to CASH and send it to me PDQ! A small Model railway's life hangs in the balance, and your $30.75 would go to the well being of this fine Railway!:) Don't let another second pass.....Donate NOW!:)

A buddy customized a Valkyrie. Mean lookin' bike. I thought about getting the better half a bike and those are on the list. Maybe get her one with a hack, that way she would fall off. lol

bob

OK, so I've been meaning to get some new pics of the bike, and a few people have proven themselves to real gluttons for punishment, because they actually wanted to see what I looked like. (Very scarry stuff there!)

So, here's some pics from today.........

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Drifter/th_IMG_0759.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Drifter/th_IMG_0761.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Drifter/th_IMG_0760.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Drifter/th_IMG_0764.jpg

Evening All!

Just back from a walk with Yucky. Rex...he thanks you for the compliment but must admit that he's not a Golden. ;) He's a rescue that is of mixed...er...heritage. He does have some border collie though. Does it count if he was RAISED with a wonderful Golden?? Here's a couple more photos and you can tell in these that although he is very handsome...he's just our Yucky.

Philip...my brother just bought a Goldwing or is it an Aspencade? Or are they the same thing? It does say Aspencade on the back. It's not new, but it is pretty. Big help, eh? When they get back from their vacation, I'll snap a photo and post it.

Another lovely day. We are approaching Fall and you can feel it in the air. I have heard some predictions that it is going to be an exceptionally cold and snowy winter. :eek:

Have a great evening...I'm off to a church board meeting. Hope it's short!

Sandy

a few people have proven themselves to real gluttons for punishment, because they actually wanted to see what I looked like. (Very scarry stuff there!)
YIIIIEEEEII! MY EYES! MY EYES!

Been watching a movie called 'Along came a spider'. Quite interesting. There's some train shots in it, subway mostly.

Karl - thanx for the pic, now I know what to get and where to get it (Radio Shack). I'm still a tad uneasy about drilling into the throttle case, though...unless there is a way to take the innards out first. I don't remember seeing an obvious way to dissassemble it, other than putting in the batteries.

Rex - excellent video! Glad your jury duty ordeal is over. I had a close brush with that myself ~4 years ago: The summons letter instructed me to call a certain phone number on the first morning of my duty period, at a specific time. When I called, a recording said all jurors were already selected, the rest of us were dismissed (whew!)

Mikey - Would you really sell that beautiful vette to buy a motorcycle?:eek: Of course that's just my reaction, since I've never owned a vette myself. You probably know some things about vette ownership that I couldn't imagine...

Phillip are those pix you posted really suppose to be that small? I can't even discern your face in the bottom photo. Nada problem though, I've already seen your mug in the photo of you posing with your '67 Camaro :D

Karl - thanx for the pic, now I know what to get and where to get it (Radio Shack). I'm still a tad uneasy about drilling into the throttle case, though...unless there is a way to take the innards out first. I don't remember seeing an obvious way to dissassemble it, other than putting in the batteries.

Um, you don't see those 9 screws?? :confused:

Need some new glasses Pappy?:rolleyes:

Hey guys, what's going on? Long day at work for me, but they all seem to be getting long anymore:(

Mikey: go for the comfortable hot rod bike...VTX:D:D:D Seriously though, if you decide to sell the vette and get a bike, get what you are comfortable with and enjoy it:cool:

Hey, I forgot something, I have to travel to Duluth MN. at the end of September for some training and a symposium. One night after the symposium the company putting on the symposium is taking us on a scenic railroad, North Shore Scenic Railroad. It looks like a good time to me. It will be a 21/2 hour ride:D I will definitely be taking my camera!

Just back from a walk with Yucky. Rex...he thanks you for the compliment but must admit that he's not a Golden. ;) He's a rescue that is of mixed...er...heritage. He does have some border collie though. Does it count if he was RAISED with a wonderful Golden?? Here's a couple more photos and you can tell in these that although he is very handsome...he's just our Yucky.
Sandy
I'll be darn. That angle sure looked like a Golden, but it doesn't matter; Yucky is beautiful in his own right. I always have loved dogs that look like him and had one when I was a boy. ;):)

Phillip are those pix you posted really suppose to be that small? I can't even discern your face in the bottom photo. Nada problem though, I've already seen your mug in the photo of you posing with your '67 Camaro :D

Opps! Here, this is what I meant to post! (You probably don't know how lucky you were to not be able to make out my face, but you're about to find out!)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Drifter/IMG_0759.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Drifter/IMG_0761.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Drifter/IMG_0760.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Drifter/IMG_0764.jpg

Um, you don't see those 9 screws?? :confused:

Need some new glasses Pappy?:rolleyes:

ok...Ok...OK! :eek::eek: So I had a Dirks Bentley Moment there [What-wuz-I-Thinkin'] They're too damn obvious for me to notice them. The cranial rubber mallet treatment has been duly administered.

With all this talk about bike's make's me break out this shot of my Iron Horse....It has a whole One man power! :D:rolleyes: Don't laugh It's payed for and I still can afford the fuel for it:D!

Good morning.

It's 70 and mostly clear. The high will be around 84 and thunderstorms will be moving east to northeast.

The coupler conversion went well yesterday. I removed the Kadee #5's from several covered hoppers and prepared to install Kadee #119 shelf couplers in their place. On little problem, only in appearance though. The #119 is a full shelf coupler such as would be found on a tank car and are very rarely seen on hoppers. These cars normally have lower shelf couplers. Easy fix. I simply filed the upper shelf off most of them. I left one car's set of couplers as full shelf. Gotta have something that the eagle-eyed rivet counter down the road can lock onto. It took an average of 10 minutes per coupler to get them all mounted. That being said I have to say this about this type of coupler. The good thing about them is that they really stay together and don't come apart easily until uncoupled but the bad thing about them is that they really stay together and don't come apart easily until uncoupled. There's no lifting one coupler clear of the other with the old 0-5-0 with these babies. An uncoupling magnet, dual-tool, skewer or small screwdriver will suffice to uncouple them. Today I think I'll take some to clear the junk left over from many projects off the layout as I'm tired of seeing it and would much rather see the layout instead. This is one of the hazards of the layout and the work bench being one and the same.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/17/2009

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 98%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Through 5 AM...a cluster of showers and thunderstorms will continue moving east across the gulf coastal waters east of White Lake and out beyond 60 nautical miles. Heavy rains reducing visibilities to below 2 nautical miles...a few lightning strikes...and gusty winds to 25 knots will accompany the storms. Across acadiana...widely scattered showers will continue to develop and move northeast. Rainfall amounts with this activity will average a tenth of an inch. Elsewhere across the area... Mainly light showers will be isolated.

Today High: 85 Cloudy with a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the mid 80s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. West winds around 5 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P9170154.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 60 F and drizzling as I meandered out this grey morning. High will be 69 F with the possibility of more rain.

Yesterday was one of those up and down days. The down part was a work. The stress of the deadlines on the economic stimulus projects is beginning to really show. There were several yelling and name calling incidents. I threw a guy out of my area because he kept insisting that I drop everything I am doing and work on his project. His project deadline is 3 years away; the economic stimulus project I am working on is due next Friday. Luckily I had to leave early yesterday.

The up side was our Cub Scout Welcome Back Night. We were missing only 4 of returning scouts but had received emails from them explaining why they weren’t going to be there. We still have 3 scouts we had not heard from. We also had 8 new potential scouts show up of which 3 officially joined. We have almost replaced all the scouts we lost to Boy Scout Crossover and those who quit over the summer and we have not done our formal recruiting day in the local school.

No trains last night. I may get some in tonight since we have nothing on the calendar that I am aware of tonight.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back