Coffee Shoppe XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried hanging out at a different forum's coffee shop. I now remember why I never got into that place. It's gone three or four pages in eight hours. The conversation is so fragmented that I can't even follow it. This forum, on the other hand, is as dead as a doornail.

Edit: I was in a bad mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good late evening/early morning

I will be disappearing for a few days. We are off to Washington, DC at the crack of dawn. My daughter has a volleyball camp this weekend in Sterling, VA. We are going to take a couple of days and sight see DC. Last week she was in State College for camp. Yesterday and today was a local camp run by a club she hopes to make in the fall.

Next week we head out to Wheeling for a few days for a vacation. Then my son and I are off to Boy Scout camp.

I am not sure if I will get any time to check in. The girls will have their laptops and the hotel has wifi.

I hope everyone has a good day.

07/07/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png

:D

Jeffrey/BB711: They think the shuttle launch will be postponed due to weather on Friday. Dang disgusting that the US is out of business and will have to rely on the Ruskies for transport to the space station...at $70million dollars a launch (I heard on news).

Good morning. It's cloudy and 68, with a high of 90. We had some rain last evening, which is good, since we need it.
I wired the track on the turntable last night so the locomotives will run out onto it. I still have to install the motor and wire that in, but I now have a functional (Armstrong) turntable that's big enough to give a Big Boy a ride. Not that I have one, but if I ever get one, it'll fit.:D
The roundhouse I have is another story. It's a completely built Atlas roundhouse, and somewhere along the way, Atlas decided it only needed to be large enough to park a locomotive that would fit on its 9" turntable. I have a Spectrum 2-8-0 that won't fit inside. I have 3 large steam locomotives I really wanted to be able to park inside, I guess now I'll have to put in 3 "outdoor" tracks next to the roundhouse for them. Depending on the weather, this evening or tomorrow evening I'll be heading over to Home Despot for some more lumber to finish the main level benchwork, and finish up the mainline and #1 siding on that over the weekend.

Jeffrey/BB711: They think the shuttle launch will be postponed due to weather on Friday. Dang disgusting that the US is out of business and will have to rely on the Ruskies for transport to the space station...at $70million dollars a launch (I heard on news).
The government probably needs the money to get the First Lady (?? ??) an additional hair styling/manicure/pedicure, body wash and car wash every month.

Good morning. It's 72° and partly cloudy. There's a small chance of rain this morning. The high will be 94° and there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms this evening.

Well, (extremely deep subject), today I'm faced with that thing we all face once a year, my birthday. There's no telling what some of the family members have dreamed so I have to be alert, otherwise I may get Pearl harbored. No plans for today. May have to go to the auto shop later to pick up my mother's car. Took it there yesterday to have a receiver hitch installed for a power chair platform. I've told my parents already that the suspension will need some work to handle the extra weight of the platform and chair but my father (forever the cheapskate) thinks it'll work as is. I want to see his face the first time they put that chair on it and the rear of the car sits on the ground. Please let me be there!

DSCN1154.jpg

Happy Birthday Jeffrey
Have a nice day

The last shuttle launch, this is an indication of more bad things to come from the top down, who would have thought that the kings of space exploration would give it all up and make thousands jobless,,, shocking and a very sad end to things, it makes me so very angry to see what in essence is the bankers and traders fault that the worlds been reduced to what it is now. Here we have just given a multi billion $$$$ contract to a foreign country to supply new trains and in the same week we lay off 1400 train builders in the UK, crazy.

OK off my soap box :mad:

The sun is out and the sky is blue but 5 mins ago it was torrential rain and thunder,,, weird,,, been like that all day.

Good afternoon. A Tabasco Raspberry Ice please.

My father and I went to town this morning to pick up my mother's car then went back home to pick up my mother to take her to the dentist. While she was stuck there my father and I went to BJ's Diner for breakfast then to the barber shop to get him clipped. From there it was back to the dentists office to pick my mother up then to the pharmacy so I could get more Silver Sulfadiazine (Silvadene generic) to continue treating the wound on my ankle. I'm still waiting word from Medicaid on whether my unloader brace has been approved or not.

Good afternoon folks.

Jeffrey, Happy Birthday!

Terry, that's the first picture I think I've seen of your layout. Keep'em coming. It may be time to add on to that roundhouse. Otherwise you'll be like my neighbors who have a double garage full of junk and park their cars outside in the snow and sun.

Sorry for the outburst in my last post. I was in a really bad mood last night.:eek:

I received my Merchants Row III kit yesterday. The guy I ordered it from delivered it to my wife's work. He basically has a traveling train shop that goes from train show to show without having a store front. He lives twenty miles away but my wife happens to be working in his town for three months. I got the sale price from Walthers and didn't have to pay a penny for shipping. I may be ordering stuff from him in the future. I'm quite excited to get this thing built and placed on the layout.

After close inspection of the rail cars around town, I've realized that my rusty wheels on my rolling stock are too bright. I think I may need to tone them down with a wash or something. The rust color right out of the floquil pen is too much. Of course, I don't know what they would have looked like in 1950. Oh well, even too much rust looks better than nothing.

I've really turned my attention to the actual trains on the layout. It's about time. If anything is lacking on my layout it's believable trains. Shiny plastic and shiny wheels= no good!:)

I better get back to work.
Have a good day folks.

I'd say Happy Jeffery but I quit celebrating B'days in 1971. Had a party invited over 50 and only 1 showed up and he was not a drinker so My dad,uncle and a neighbor finished of the keg in about a day and a half.

Terry, that's the first picture I think I've seen of your layout. Keep'em coming. It may be time to add on to that roundhouse. Otherwise you'll be like my neighbors who have a double garage full of junk and park their cars outside in the snow and sun.
Here's a picture of my N scale layout I finished and have enjoyed for many years, I only gave it up because I can't work on the small stuff any more:

... It means that we get humidity, though, and it's awfully uncomfortable. Today, the air temperature was about 106°, but the humidity made it feel like 112°, maybe even a bit more...

Tom;

You think that's humid? You need to be here in Alabama in July August and Sept.

The temps here will stay in the high 90's to low 100's. The heat indices, due to the humidity will be in the 120-125 degree range.

You think that's humid? You need to be here in Alabama in July August and Sept.

The temps here will stay in the high 90's to low 100's. The heat indices, due to the humidity will be in the 120-125 degree range.
I know that roller coaster well! It does the same thing here pretty much.

Hot????? We set a record for the hottest June on record. It also hasn't been raining. We are about 18" behind normal. But the humidity is really brutal. We will not entertain the "Global Warming" BS until we break the record several years in a row.

Oh well, the train room is air conditioned and ready for Sat's op session.

Stay cool and raise a tall one for Jeffrey.

Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back