Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Morning_Coffee.png

NW_depot_NBLSVLE_IN1975.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON

Morning all. Thnx for the coffee Flo. Cold here. 13F and still getting lake effect. About 5" so far and still falling. Good day to work on trains.

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif

Good morning, America! We got some great news last Friday about our son and daughter-in-law.............his transfer for his job was approved! Our DIL was already back here for some business related items when the news came and then she had to add house hunter to her duties.

Well, the last couple of days have been kind of hectic but things will wrap up later today for a little while on this end. Then the craziness starts again on this end when they start moving in. Hope things all work out well for them and things all go smoothly. One big change will be getting used to Illinois weather after living in Texas for the last seven years.:eek:

Good Morning:

It's 8° F with a bright sunlight in Howell NJ. The temperature is supposed to rise to the low 20s. It's a good thing I had the furnace guy here on Monday to replace a flame sensor.

The NJ Devils are off to a strong start this abbreviated NHL season, however America's winter sport has distracted me from work on my layout. I also follow "North America's Team" - the Toronto Maple Leafs. Shows the American tradition of rooting for the underdog.

Today is back to the layout. I have a couple decoders to install on Atlas C425s, and a couple of freight cars to repair, as well as work on a Walthers "Whitehall" station.

It's -25°C (-13°F) here in Winnipeg this AM.

Never mind the Maple Leafs, how about those Winnipeg Jets!!

Good Morning:

The NJ Devils are off to a strong start this abbreviated NHL season, however America's winter sport has distracted me from work on my layout. I also follow "North America's Team" - the Toronto Maple Leafs. Shows the American tradition of rooting for the underdog.

well easy solution is get a cheap flatscreen off of craigslist & mount it over the layout that way you can watch & work :D

Hi gang! I finally have all the holiday, bowl games, and other sidetrack activities behind me. It feels good to be back into serious layout work again and having Op sessions with friends. Only down side: the wife retired Monday and I now have to think about a barricade for the depot door. I already have a sign above the door that states, "Trainmen Only".....doesn't work:eek::D.

:)Hope all of you are well and can smile everyday.:)
Oh yeah: ROLL TIDE! (Sorry ND, you just have to eat more Southern grits:eek::D!)

It's -25°C (-13°F) here in Winnipeg this AM.

Never mind the Maple Leafs, how about those Winnipeg Jets!!

The Jets, have 3 pts and higher expectations. The Leafs, have 2 points, and still celebrate the 1967 Stanley Cup. They have no expectations only hope. And after Buffalo gave them a "Thrashing", that hope seems dashed.

That makes the Leafs the candidate for another top draft choice to trade away:D. It's only a matter of time before the Globe & Mail and Sun demand Nonnis and Carlisle's heads.

Now - you can see why I'm not getting anything done on the layout.

Joe

:)Hope all of you are well and can smile everyday.:) Oh yeah: [COLOR=red said:
ROLL TIDE![/COLOR] (Sorry ND, you just have to eat more Southern grits:eek::D!)
so that make bama 1-3 against ND ,bear bryant never beat ND just sayin lol:p

Didn't have time this morning for my usual morning post. I've been with my father today helping with the arrangements for my mothers memorial service. That's coming up on February 1st. It seems everybody has something that has to be signed and then wants to be paid for it. In some cases it was the same piece of paper that had to be signed by several people in different places with each person being in a different part of town. Hoops, hoops, hoops. Boy, if my mother was here she'd tell them what they could do with their hoops and how they could get them there.

Last night I pulled the motor out of the P2K SW9/1200. It's just like the one I used in the F unit slug. Maybe I'll use it in another one. Maybe I'll put it in something else.

No plans for today.

P1010140.jpg

Now that's an idea! Except...she would put the shock collar on me. LOL:D (hmmph, she probably will anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey, I was just going back over the past threads and saw where your Mother had passed on. Having just gone through the same, I can understand your feelings at this time. Please accept my sincere sympathies.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore!

We are having a heat wave - 10° F - this morning. It's supposed to warm to 25° this afternoon.

Have a great day!

Joe

:D10* here in upstate NY. Might reach 15* today, but the lake effect snow will top that. Have 12" already, and can barely see across the street. Reminds me of a story I might post later, especially for blackz28's benefit. ;):D:cool:

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif

Back