Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

I lived in an apartment complex on Pondella Road for several years before I moved to a house in Cape Coral. My brother still lives in the complex, though he is moving here when he retires at the end of February. I used to work at the Firestone on Del Prado Blvd, near the bowling alley.

ahh ok wow small world , right now its 'season' lol so the streets are crowded with snowbirds ,didnt you tell me you move to the carolina's or virgina if i remember right:confused:

We get our share of snowbirds down here too.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011972.jpg

ahh ok wow small world , right now its 'season' lol so the streets are crowded with snowbirds ,didnt you tell me you move to the carolina's or virgina if i remember right:confused:

Yes. I indirectly moved here after (long story) an accident there. If you have ever driven across the new US 41 bridge from North Fort Myers into Fort Myers, you drove over the spot I got run down from behind on top of the bridge while riding my motorcycle.
My brother is head of security for the hospital in fort Myers.

Yes. I indirectly moved here after (long story) an accident there. If you have ever driven across the new US 41 bridge from North Fort Myers into Fort Myers, you drove over the spot I got run down from behind on top of the bridge while riding my motorcycle.
My brother is head of security for the hospital in fort Myers.

im not suprised you got hit down here, i mean everybody from ohio ,michigan pennselvania & new york / new england & throw in a sprinkling of canadians on the road at the same time & wow :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
im not suprised you got hit down here, i mean everybody from ohio ,michigan pennselvania & new york / new england & throw in a sprinkling of canadians on the road at the same time & wow :eek:

It will be six years the 16th of this month. Several weeks in the hospital, six months in a wheelchair, three weeks back in the hospital for a staph infection, the guy that ran me down had no insurance and fled back to his home country, lost the house, car, etc. i haven't been back on anything with a motor and two wheels since, and my current ride to work is the biggest pickup truck I could afford...

i haven't been back on anything with a motor and two wheels since, and my current ride to work is the biggest pickup truck I could afford...
I haven't been on any kind of two wheeled vehicle since the mid 80's due to a mishap of my own and owing to seeing firsthand what can happen to a small car in an accident I prefer large vehicles. I currently drive a 19 foot long 3/4 ton Dodge Ram van. My niece calls it 'The Beast' and my insurance agent calls it a tank. Whichever one applies I just like having some armor around me.

I haven't been on any kind of two wheeled vehicle since the mid 80's due to a mishap of my own and owing to seeing firsthand what can happen to a small car in an accident I prefer large vehicles. I currently drive a 19 foot long 3/4 ton Dodge Ram van. My niece calls it 'The Beast' and my insurance agent calls it a tank. Whichever one applies I just like having some armor around me.
Yes. My current vehicle is an '08 F250. It only weighs 9,900 pounds loaded. 7100 empty. Anything that hits it will definitely show evidence of the contact.

I can relate to that. Smaller does not appear to be better when it comes to safety. As far as powered two wheelers, one bad experience many years ago, and done:D.

Joe

Good Morning - Happy Sunday!

Woke up to a thin coating of Snow this morning. Since it's 32F and sunny, the snow will be gone soon. Going up into the 40s,

Wild Card games today. Ravens vs Indy' "Night skippers"; and Seattle vs Redskins.

Might slip down to work on the layout for a bit.

My Baldwin RF16 Sharks do not like running down hill, especially on a curve. This requires a little research. Curves range from 24" to 28" radius, and grade is less than 2 %, so it's not that. Always a challenge.

Joe

Good morning. It's 40° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. It'll be cloudy with a high of 58°.
condmc-1.jpg

Today isn't one of my good days. I knew that the instant I got up this morning. I'm having some balance issues that are making it difficult to get around. Looks like I won't be going out today and unless this changes I won't be doing any work on the layout or the trains.

P1011975.jpg

Yes, but now you have them!!!:D:D:D
Yes I got 'em, now I just need to figure out which pieces go where - Brian disassembled them to extract the window 'glass'.

I take it Sis has not improved?
It's sorta like that cliche` "a watched pot never boils" - externally she doesn't look any different but they're needing to pump less oxygen into her with each passing day, also gradually lowering the level of sedative. Hoping they can bring her to the point of consciousness sometime later this week.

Yes. My current vehicle is an '08 F250. It only weighs 9,900 pounds loaded. 7100 empty. Anything that hits it will definitely show evidence of the contact.

thats what sucks about bikes , you can be the best rider in the world , with the margin of error soooo small all it takes is sand / potholes or illegal aliens & your dead :(

Well I was feeling a little better around noon, I thought. My nephew was doing some work outside moving some vehicles around and it was evident mine was getting in the way. I came up with this bright idea that I'd move it. Well thinking of it and getting out there to do it are two different things. Going out the door I stumbled on the top step and ended up falling down the steps. Getting up into the van, well I missed the foot well TWICE! Managed to get it moved without wiping out anything, I think. Went to get out and missed the foot well AGAIN, hit my butt in the bottom of the foot well and hit my head against the door. My nephew sees what's going on and helps me back to the trailer. I managed to get back inside without doing further damage. Then it occurred to me I could have just told him he could move the van. See how clear I'm thinking today? But I put two locos on the track today. After knocking them over that is. Maybe I should go back to bed before I do something really stupid.

Jeff:

Just take care today. Tomorrow will be better. Some days the body just ain't in sync with the mind.

Good afternoon folks.

Jeffrey, sounds like it's time to watch a movie and try again tomorrow.:)

I'm having a good ole, do nothing, day off! I did some shopping earlier and a few repairs around the house. I'm having a hard time getting into playing with trains. With the layout dang near finished, I had turned my attention to the actual trains earlier this year. The problem I'm having is the things I need to do require me to use the airbrush. My 'paint booth' is a board on saw horses in the garage. It's too cold out to use the compressor and airbrush so I'm kind of stuck with no way to paint these things. I'm also toying with redoing a large section of the layout but I may be buying a new house this spring and redoing the entire layout. I guess I should just tinker around and add some details that are lacking. Nothing like wanting to play with trains but not having anything to do!

I'm sick of winter, comfort food so I'm grilling ribs tonight. Winter be damned!

Have a good day everyone.

Back