Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Yep! Da-Bomb Final Answer hot sauce. Guaranteed to get your attention.:eek::eek: Keep out of reach of children. This stuff is dangerous.

Time for me to call it a night. We got a storm rumbling in the distance and radar shows it coming this way so I'm getting out of here. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN0965.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had that happen here a couple of years ago Rex - lightning hit the hydro pole in the yard and came in through the electrical lines. It took out about $600 of stuff so I put in a "whole home surge protector" (a la Mike Holmes). It seems to work-we haven't been hit since LOL!

Good morning. It's 75° and the humidity is at 90%. The high will be 98° but will feel like 110°. It will be partly cloudy.

The clock has just changed to 6:32am as I type this and the a/c has already turned itself on. A harbinger of the hot day to come. I already have a train running this morning. The three GP9m's are pulling. Somewhere in the rear of the string of cars is one with a squeaky wheel or two. I'll have to locate that one and see what can be done about it. No plans for today except to stay out of the heat as much as possible. One or more of the meds I take cause me to sunburn easily and I want nothing to do with that.

I've located the squeaky culprit. It's an old Conrail flatcar carrying a 53' container. It has plastic wheels on metal axles.

P1011381.jpg

Oh Rex,,,bummer!! Isn't the CSXroadslug on his way to you soon??............
Yeah, he is suppose to come over sometime this coming week. The way things are looking, it doesn't seem likely that we will be able to run trains, but he is still welcome to come over for a visit. Fairly long drive from the other side of B'ham, so I will leave that up to him.;)

Carey was good enough to loan me an extra DCS-200, but I still have problems somewhere in my detector boards (supply power to rails). Carey and I got power to the computer that has all the layout info, but I still can't get video from it on a known good monitor. Think I will "borrow" the vid card out of my wife's and see if that works. Big TV will accept analog signals from ancillary equipment, but not HDMI. Small TV....no power. These will go to the repair shop:eek:. I have no idea what else is zapped until I get these things fixed. I'm not even sure the Locobuffer II works.

Tomorrow, I will see if the tree removal is covered under homeowners insurance and if I have to wait and be sure it is dying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex- that really sucks. A long shot, but if you purchased the TVs from Sears and have the Protection Agreement on them, your covered for surge protection. Let me know if you need any help searching for new TVs, I'm leading my dept and I'll help pick you out something nice !

Jeff- Nice container ! What's the length on that flatcar?

It smells pleasant and there's no poopoo in here, where's Chris been ? :confused:

Ah yes, the tall trees in the yard. We had one in the front yard when we moved in to our house in '94. It came down smartly. Didn't save our neighbour though, they copped a strike on the power pole on the street outside, destroyed some of their stuff.

Good Morning

Sunny and warm forecast for today...82F feeling like 86F ..low humidity ..and a little SW breeze to boot.

Going to find out this week..actually, Wednesday...about what the beeep is going on with this cancer stuff...hopefully, I do feel this, I won't need this again.

Today?

A few groceries to be picked up and getting a new guitar...hope...hope...hope....:rolleyes::)

Good luck Barry.

Good morning. It's 78° with 94% humidity. The high will be 98° with a heat index of 110+°. A heat advisory is in effect until 7pm this evening.
cond026.gif

I may get in some layout work today providing nobody else has something for me to do. With the weather being what it is I want to stay in out of the heat as much as possible. Otherwise I'll be inside watching some movies and taking it easy. Doctors orders you know. I certainly don't want to be spending time in that building with the red cross on the roof.

P4210149.jpg

Best of luck to you, Barry. You got the right attitude.:)

Used up this morning running around taking my computer (tech said motherboard may be bad) and one of the TV's for estimates . Hopefully, I will be able to get the smaller TV repaired/replaced before I have to send in the bigger one (The big TV still allows standard resolution.) That will make the wifey happy ;).

My mother had to be taken to the hospital today. She's been having some fever issues the past few days and today was so weak she couldn't stand. So an ambulance had to be sent out to pick her up and take her to the ER. Where she goes from there is out of our hands. To say this has the family worried is an understatement.

At long last we are getting a long spell of fine winter weather with the temps in the low 20,s (C). Maybe my back yard will get a chance to dry out enough for me to trailer in some fill without the trailer bogging down.

Time here is 10:45 PM. so it's nighty-night from me.

Back