Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Just got done with some more masonry work and dug a little more trench. Building some cinder block planter boxes on the front of the house. Temps are still in the low 90s but kinda humid. The planter boxes vary in size from about 4'x4' up to about 7'x6'. Using half stones for the facing surfaces and cut stone for the top edge. They will be filled with crushed stone after the shrubs are planted in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's 88, feels like 103. I got the grass cut and got overheated in the process. Now I feel like crap not that I felt all that great earlier. I'm sitting back getting hydrated as best I can. Got the laundry done. The T-shirt I was wearing yesterday STILL has a big bright red stain on the left shoulder. It's latex paint, I could tell tell from the smell and it doesn't wash out. So there's a T-shirt that can be put in the tool box to be used as a cleaning cloth. That ticks me off so much! I'm on a very tight budget due a very small fixed income. Only a small part of that is for clothing. You try getting along on a hair under $700 a month. I do it but it ain't easy. Think I'll go crash now.

I let the Sheriffs Dept know what happened out here yesterday and put in a patrol request. Maybe they'll catch the person, most likely not.

I should work on trains all day more often!

I've added injectors and piping to both sides, throttle linkage, steam generator, compressor, bell, front marker lights, tender railings and rear marker lights. All I have to add is the number boards and then it's ready for paint! I'm going to paint the running gear while I have it apart as well. I still have to add the replacement motor but I won't get to that until it's time for assembly. Knowing I have the next three days off gives me confidence I'll be applying decals on the fourth of July! I've been putting this project off for years so I'm super excited to get it done. :D

Party at Karls!!!!:D:D:D

----------------------------------------------

Good Evening...

Welm...that was a treat...went to WallyWorld and, believe it or not, nothing happened :eek:.... I guess maybe it was because the 'characters' were out in full regalia today:eek::rolleyes:... Pink Tutus on 400lb individuals, batman suits on others....the lot:eek::eek:

Anyways, ended up getting some new duds ..to fit my new weight...28 waist now.... I have not been at this weight since, oh, high school.:rolleyes:

I saw that Barry!

GOOOOOOOOOD EVENING folks today's temps now a blistering 100* out side, humid and its time for folks to stay in and just chill in the AC...

bored as heck here (sadly) and nothing to really do, wish i could work on my model kit and layout but sadly thats on hold...yet again...

minor update with our weather reports, rain....and wind...

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that Barry!

What? What did I do?:eek::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

----------------------------------------------

Good Evening...

We had our neighbourhood fireworks display tonight...all of 30 minutes of it. About 300 kids and adults showed up for it...lots of fun to be had...:)

Now it is time to relax...well....sort of....come back here with that caboose you little ..:eek::rolleyes:

Hope everyone stays safe in those storms there...we saw nothing here at all....

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png

:cool:

COTIDLER_BRIDGEGANG1945.png

NKP Bridge&Building Gang/1945

Tipton.gif

TIPTON

Good morning. It's 70° and partly cloudy. The high will be 95° but will feel like 102°. There's a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon.

I'm spending today recovering from yesterday. Got overheated while mowing my parents yard and being on the edge of a sugar crash at the same time didn't do me any favors. No layout work or any other work planned for today.

DSCN1182.jpg

Good morning folks.

I sort of have the day off today. My boss and I have a lunch meeting with the buyers of the store I work at . I can only hope they accepted the terms of the sale I negotiated last Friday. They said they would think it over and let us know on Monday. Thirty minutes after I left their place they called to set up this lunch. My intent of going over there last week without the owner was to cut the BS and get down to the real number. I can't stand the back and forth too much. You give me your low number, I'll give you my high number and we'll settle at a reasonable number. Three moves and it's done! Since I'll be running the new store and have partial ownership of the current one, both sides trust that I have their best interests in mind. I do, I just have my interests in front of both of them! I have a baby on the way and need a good job! :D

I think the project loco is ready for paint. I'm trying to resist the urge to run piping all over the place! I know it would probably look more realistic, but then I would feel the need to model an actual CNW Pacific. This is so far off that I'd have to start all over. I think I'll slap some paint on and call it good.

Here is the beast just loosely stacked together. The paint reminds me of a Gas Monkeys hot rod before the paint job.

Mantuarepair010.jpg

Mantuarepair015.png

Mantuarepair004.jpg

Nothing too amazing, but it makes it look a little better than if it was bone stock. It's been a good sacrificial lamb for my learning experience.

Time to head to the paint booth.
Have a good day folks.

Hey guys,

Been awhile since ive posted here. Not much going on up here in the desert of Upstate NY. You guys in the south will laugh when I say this but its freakin hot up here this year. Normally we get a week or two in August when types fly up to the mid 90s, but weve already had 2 weeks of that so far in June alone, and were headed for a third week to start off July !

Other than dodging the weather im mostly just settling into my routine for the summer. Work is going well. So far ive managed to become the top seller in my department and gain employee of the month. Im looking forward to the rest of the summer there and hopefully earn enough to buy a decent percentage of the Heritage Fleet models when Athearn releases them. Its gonna be expensive cause im looking for the SP, DRGW, CNW, NYC, IT, Erie, Lackwanna, Pennsylvannia, Wabash, Virginian, LV, and Reading unit. Granted thats an over time list, but ill be purchasing a few for sure ;):D

Hope everyone has a safe and exciting Fourth of July if I dont stop back in.

Live down here for a year and you'll be begging to go back up north:D:). Down here it's not just the heat but the added kick of the humidity that's really kicks your butt.:eek::cool:

Did a little work today. Went down and helped my father move some bags of potting soil and mulch to the front garden. My mother says she wants to work on it. Odds are they'll sit there till the cows come home and there ain't been any of those around here for years. The other job was fitting a U25B cab to a GP7 just for the heck of it.

Good day all from Ye Olde London Towne. Would anyone like to buy some rain? This has to be the wettest drought ever. We had 4 month's worth of rain in June which is supposed to be our dry month. The weather twits have designated it the wettest June ever recorded. July has started off no better. Cool cloudy and damp here. 18c which is about 64f.

Jeffrey: have you tried oven cleaner on that Norscott? Get the cheapest stuff around as long as it contains sodium hydroxide aka caustic soda. That seems to be the only thing that will shift some paints. Generally I just blast the model and leave it for a hour, then clean up the softened residue with isopropyl.

Barry: good luck and I hope your next Dr visit comes back negative.

Corey: Congrats and may everything go smoothly for you.

Lastly to all Americans, have a wonderful, safe, and happy 4th of July tomorrow.

Good morning. It's 79° and mostly cloudy this morning. This afternoon will be partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain. The high be 95° but will feel more like 104°.

Today I'll be going to the post office to drop off a couple of packages then from there to Wal-Mart to do the remainder of my grocery shopping. $49 isn't much so as usual I'll be getting what I can get the most of for the least $$. No layout work planned for today.

DSCN1078.jpg

Back