Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Good Morning..

The week of stick and mug is with us in full today..mix of sun and cloud with a high near 95F feeling like 109F...

Yesterday was interesting, I got to the treatment center and actually fell outside ..beeeping ankle did decide to crumble on me so down I went...now I am back to wearing foot cast and walking with the decided list to starboard:eek::eek:....treatment on Friday is next and last..will probs find out in a few weeks then..:confused::cool:

Good morning. It's 79° and partly cloudy. The high will be 100°.

Nothing special planned for today. I found paint that's tougher than that used on Bachmann locos. The type used on the Norscot Cat equipment. I soaked a dozer in alcohol for twelve hours just to see what it might do. Nothing. Didn't even faze it. Am I glad our models aren't painted with this stuff! Haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with the Bachmann 4-8-4. I have no use for it except to put on a spur or display track and leave it or use it as a paper weight. Need to do some cleanup on the layout today now that I'm finished playing around with the N Scale models.

DSCN1730.jpg

Just looked at the thermometer and it's screaming 107.6 degrees!!!! And that's in the shade!!

I lived in Mesa, AZ for six years and this is as bad as anything I worked in out there. And we have more humidity. The weather reports were calling for a high of 101 degrees with a heat index of 116...............we may well beat that!

What corn there is in the fields now (most of it is tasseled) may end up being pop corn.:rolleyes:

Ya mean like this one?

P1011214.jpg

Despite it's appearance it's almost brand new. I picked it up at a yard sale years ago and it was still in the sealed blue and white box. It has maybe twenty minutes run time on it.

Just looked at the thermometer and it's screaming 107.6 degrees!!!! And that's in the shade!!
Really? Mine is showing 99 with an index of 105.

Last edited by a moderator:
come on dr frankensteam, clean it up put some detail on it & it could be the flagship of the program :D

Gave my nephew and and one of his friends some help on putting an ATV back together today then went to my parents place for dinner. Had a pork chop with mixed veggies. My fathers idea of adjusting his diet to fit his new diabetic lifestyle. Had watermelon afterward. Went through my mail and tossed out the obvious junk. Looked through the bills just as a matter of course. They're all paid automatically so I don't have to mess with them anyway. Got an acceptance packet from the American Legion, most of which went to the shredder. My dates of service fall outside those accepted so I couldn't join even if I wanted to. I kept the window stickers and address labels though. No sense throwing them out when I can use them for their intended purpose.

P1011216.jpg

Gave my nephew and and one of his friends some help on putting an ATV back together today then went to my parents place for dinner. Had a pork chop with mixed veggies. My fathers idea of adjusting his diet to fit his new diabetic lifestyle. Had watermelon afterward. Went through my mail and tossed out the obvious junk. Looked through the bills just as a matter of course. They're all paid automatically so I don't have to mess with them anyway. Got an acceptance packet from the American Legion, most of which went to the shredder. My dates of service fall outside those accepted so I couldn't join even if I wanted to. I kept the window stickers and address labels though. No sense throwing them out when I can use them for their intended purpose.

P1011216.jpg
Jeffrey, I considered you an honorary member anyway.....so no problem there.

Mike

Jeffrey, I considered you an honorary member anyway.....so no problem there.

Mike
Thanks Mike.

Time for me to call it a night. I've taken my night meds and the nightly insulin shot is next. I was quite busy today and I ache in a few places I haven't ached in for a while. I'm watching a Chuck Norris movie tonight. Something called 'Forced Vengeance'. What the heck, it has a three and a half star rating. Maybe I'll stay awake long enough to see Chuck hand somebody their butt after he kicks it off. Only loco run today was the Bachmann Niagara. The Norscot bulldozer is still submerged in alcohol. Not so much as a loose flake of paint. It's been over twenty-four hours. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011217.jpg

Good Morning

We are getting sunshine and those warm temperatures again today...88F feeling like 93F...going to be pretty much like this for the entire next week by the looks of things...:rolleyes:

Today is my final day of treatments...then it will be see if it took....hopefully it does...:mad:

Think I'll be taking myself to the mall afterwards for a little treat later on...that is if my stomach will let me...:eek::mad:

Good morning. It's 79° and partly cloudy. The high will be 98°.

Well since the first falls on a weekend this time around my SS check is probably at the bank already. If not then tomorrow. I'll call later and find out. If it's there today then I'll be out paying some bills, buying gas and groceries. Sometime this weekend I need to mow my parents yard. Grass doesn't take holidays. Nothing special planned today. My parents are both out of town today visiting witch doctors in Alexandria on eye appointments. The Norscot dozer is still soaking in the alcohol. No effect yet. I wonder which will happen first? The paint comes off or the plastic disintegrates. I'm gonna find out.

DSCN2208.jpg

Good morning folks.

I'm back at work after a long, family filled weekend and a mid week trip to the lake. It's been hot and humid so cruising the lakes is the best medicine for that.

Barry, I sure hope everything works out for you. Good luck!

On a different note, my wife is officially pregnant! :D Now, it's really early to get too excited because of the risk of a miscarriage, but it's a start. We're going to be on pins and needles for at least the next two months. Who am I kidding, we'll be on pins and needles for the next eight months! :D After the years of disappointments I hope this is finally it.

As for the other big thing going in my life, the boss and potential buyer of the business seem to be going further apart. :mad: I think it's just posturing on both sides, but it makes me nervous. I'm starting to feel like I'm going to have to negotiate for both sides. They obviously can't get it done on their own. I should just look for a different job and say to hell with both of them. That would really screw up the deal!:eek:

I have Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed. off this next week. With not being able to leave town, I think I'll work on my Mantua pacific. It'll be nice to have four days off with nothing to do!

Have a great day everyone.

Hello All. Kind of tired out today. Not much going on with the Broake & Howe lately. Something must be up......

Congratulations Corey! I hope it's great news this time and all goes well.

Man, it's 91° and feels like 107°! The humidity is 46%. I got the bills paid, got the vans tank filled and got the first half of the groceries. Dang engine vapor locked at Wal-Mart again. Seems there and the bank are the only two places it does it. A shot of staring fluid and it fires right up. Long as I was moving the heat was tolerable but if I had to stop or slow down in traffic it started heating up inside that old van big time. No a/c, no vent blower, the humidity and the temp was kicking my butt. I had the windows down but that doesn't do any good if there's no air movement. Got back home and one of my nephews friends had my driveway blocked. So I hit the air horn a few times and he comes running out to get his truck out of the way. Would've been nice if he parked it out of the way in the first place. The groceries that needed refrigeration were still cold. Got everything unloaded and put away. Now I'm just trying to get cool again.

Thanks Mike.

Time for me to call it a night. I've taken my night meds and the nightly insulin shot is next. I was quite busy today and I ache in a few places I haven't ached in for a while. I'm watching a Chuck Norris movie tonight. Something called 'Forced Vengeance'. What the heck, it has a three and a half star rating. Maybe I'll stay awake long enough to see Chuck hand somebody their butt after he kicks it off. Only loco run today was the Bachmann Niagara. The Norscot bulldozer is still submerged in alcohol. Not so much as a loose flake of paint. It's been over twenty-four hours. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011217.jpg
hey the loco looks familar hummm just needs a cab rebuild ;)

Back