Coffee Shop XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Corey ;)

Chris Have you finished the power-maxed old guys scooters yet, don't forget a windshield so there wigs don't blow off while there racing for some good ole Cornography.,,, here's an idea,,, pulse jets for the long straight roads

Terry, I've come to the conclusion that Home Depot (and B&Q in the UK) don't actually have any employees. Every night when the store closes the management round up all the general public that were too stupid to find the exit and wrap an orange apron around them. Afterwards they just let these morons roam free in the aisles being fed and watered on a regular basis.

Good morning. It's 78° and cloudy. The high will be 84° and there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms.

We had some lightning and thunder early this morning but I didn't hear any rain hitting the roof. Had plans yesterday to paint a gondola primer gray. Outside of course. Murphy had other ideas. I shook the can just as I should but when I pressed the spray valve down nothing happened. OK, clogged valve. I could just change it out with one from another can. I get the other valve but when I pull the clogged one off paint comes bubbling out of the can. The way these cans are designed this is supposed to be virtually impossible. I push the valve back in and paint spews from the can. Fortunately I had it pointed away from me. So I just calmly toss it into the trash can. Instantly the can stops spewing. Expecting it to resume it's attack at any moment I approach it cautiously. I change out the valve without incident and give it a test spray. It works fine. I set the gondola body in place and press the valve and get a nice spray, for about half a second. I press the valve a few more times but get nothing. I pull the valve off the can and try it on the can I took it from initially. I get a nice spray of green paint. I put the valve back on the can of gray paint and try a test spray. It works. I resume spraying the model and almost instantly the flow of paint stops again. By this time I've had it with this can. I pull the valve off and toss the can in the trash and put the valve back on the can of green paint. I get a new can of gray primer out of my van and finish spraying the model without incident. It was then that I heard a sound coming from the trash can. The can I tossed away was again spewing it's contents out. This time I left it alone and let it die in peace.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011580.jpg

Morning Flo! Cup of hot tea please.

Had some real bad weather come thru the state right about dawn. Right now there is widespread wind damage, lots of trees down, power out to over 257,000 folks and that was just from round 1! One of our friends who lives just around the corner from us, had a tree go thru their kitchen and den this morning with those straight line winds. One of the major highways and as such one of the major commuting routes into B'ham, is closed because of all the trees that were blown down onto it. Traffic on that hiway is backed-up about 15 miles! Whats worse, is the sidestreets are in even worse condition! The local gas utility is having to turn gas off in several neighborhoods due to gas leaks from damaged homes.

Round two will start about noon with supercell thunderstorms. The SPC from Norman OK, has us in a high rish area for severe thunderstorms, hail and tornadoes until about midnight. Gonna be an interesting day!

Had a great time over at Rex's yesterday! Ran a few trains, talked some BS and really had a ball! You guys that don't have "formal" op sessions just don't know what you're missing. One word of advice: If you're operating using a switchlist be sure you read and understand the whole thing before you start. I worked a local and didn't read the entire thing, so I wound up making twice as many moves as necessary to do the job.

Well gotta go. Its time to start watching the weather and see what happens this afternoon. I can only hope that nothing else really bad happens. We have enough problems here.

The early hours in T-town presented one "H" of a storm with a lot of damage around the city and county. The lightning and winds were horrific; did I say frightening! Round two is suppose to be here around noon (or so) and is forecast to be stronger and dangerous. (We have four huge trees around the house that I sure hope stay in the soaked ground and not on the house.)

Yeah Ditto to having a great time yesterday with fellow MR's. Of course we had to go into overtime waiting on Carey to redo his redo's. :D

Terry, that was hilarious!.....and typical.

Chris, we have a fairly new Lowes in our part of town and as you enter you still get the, "Hello, may I help you find something?". Usually, this will get you to the correct aisle and then you again get, "Hello, may I help you find something?". Problem is they don't know either and have to get on their phone to find some one that does. Then you end up with 3-4 searching the shelves and generally end up in the next aisle. (What the heck, they are at least trying.) I did have one clerk tell me that their manager declared that "If I ever see a customer searching without help, someone is going to be fired." That is my kind of people ;)D)

Andrew, nice to know USA is not unique for having bad customer service. BTW: are you going to the wedding? :rolleyes::D

Last edited by a moderator:
We have two home depots within 20 mils of us. at one you will see two employees standing talking while you wait and wait and wait for help. No go form these two. You push the button for help they look over and keep on chatting. At the other store about 3 miles closer but harder to get to you walk in and they about run over you to get to you so they CAN help. The 2nd store has knowledgeable folks that if they don't know the answer they will get someone who does.

We have a Lowes about 2 miles from the house, and a Home Depot a little farther down the road. I'm probably biased because a) I have a friend who works there, and b) I'm a Jimmy Johnson fan.

The overall attitude in Lowes is considerably friendlier than Home Depot, but HD has a lightly better selection of obscure items. Both stores have price-matching, so it's a simple matter of getting the price online, then taking the printout to the other store. They never quibble.

About the only time I will go to Home Depot first is when I'm buying pink extruded foam. They sell it, and Lowes doesn't. Sadly, they only sell the 1/2" sheets, and I'm still looking for a local source for the thicker sheets.

I ordered from ModelTrainStuff.com, which is the web front for a hobby shop in Maryland. I got confirmation my track is supposed to arrive Friday. If you're local to them....LOL

Oooooo Poooooo! :eek: Nopers! They are about 45 minutes from me, and 5 minutes from my old job,but when I used to go there on my lunch hour, I could always count on being disappointed.

Either they would look at me like I had 3 heads when I asked about an item, or they could be damnsite ignorant when I posed a question.

Nope, nope nope!
Never again!

The Moose Caboose (www.moosecaboose.com) gets all my business now! :D

Blow job....

The tornados in Alabama have missed me so far.

We had a light F1 hit about 1/2 mile from our home about 6:15 AM.
Lots of property damage and one woman killed about 3 miles from me when a tree fell on her trailer.
Electricity did not go out at my house, but was dark for a 7 mile stretch from my home to work.

Phones and data lines went out for the last time at work about 3:30 PM and I headed home.
The fatal tornados started in Tuscaloosa. We are 75 miles from Tuscaloosa
and found items in the yard.
The news reported about 100 fataliies so far. Several small communities are devastated.

I got phone and computer line restored about 30 minutes ago.
I hope we hear from Rex and others from the Alabama gang soon that they6 are okay!

We earnestly solicit your prayers for the people of Alabama.

The tornados in Alabama have missed me so far.

We had a light F1 hit about 1/2 mile from our home about 6:15 AM.
Lots of property damage and one woman killed about 3 miles from me when a tree fell on her trailer.
Electricity did not go out at my house, but was dark for a 7 mile stretch from my home to work.

Phones and data lines went out for the last time at work about 3:30 PM and I headed home.
The fatal tornados started in Tuscaloosa. We are 75 miles from Tuscaloosa
and found items in the yard.
The news reported about 100 fataliies so far. Several small communities are devastated.

I got phone and computer line restored about 30 minutes ago.
I hope we hear from Rex and others from the Alabama gang soon that they6 are okay!

We earnestly solicit your prayers for the people of Alabama.

Be safe. I'll take our earthquakes any day.

Chris, we have a fairly new Lowes in our part of town and as you enter you still get the, "Hello, may I help you find something?". Usually, this will get you to the correct aisle and then you again get, "Hello, may I help you find something?". Problem is they don't know either and have to get on their phone to find some one that does. Then you end up with 3-4 searching the shelves and generally end up in the next aisle. (What the heck, they are at least trying.) I did have one clerk tell me that their manager declared that "If I ever see a customer searching without help, someone is going to be fired." That is my kind of people ;)D)

The firing part is TRUE! I MUST GREET EVERYONE and Help those in need, which is just about 25% I ask!:rolleyes: We have what they Call IMACT hours where we are to stop work Projects and focus on the customers 100%. About 25% of customers like it the rest run from us cause they don't want to be bothered! Being I'm Outside mostly, I'm not as sure with where the $%@# is inside! So I call a MOD, before dragging the customer all over hell and back looking for something. 99% I'll get you in and out fast.....Customers give me the creaps:( I wonder how most of them even manage to drive a car there?:confused: Like Terry's story........I got them to but in reverse.

04/28/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

:rolleyes:

Andrew, nice to know USA is not unique for having bad customer service. BTW: are you going to the wedding? :rolleyes::D

Still waiting for my invite. I expect it will arrive any time now. :mad:

I'll just be glad when its over. The media have gone beyond overboard. Tomorrow I shall be hiding in my shed playing trains and avoiding the 12 solid hours of coverage.

Bad 24 hours. First line of storms went thru about dawn yesterday, killing one person. Then shortly after noon, the supercells started up. There was at one time around 3 pm, just about 1/2 of the counties in the state were under tornado warnings. They are still having to assess the damage but the NWS believes at least 40 tornadoes ravaged our area of the state yesterday. So far, as of 0530, the official death toll is 61, but they also believe that as they get into other badly damaged areas they couldn't get into last night, the count will go up. Also the death toll for just 4 states, (AL, MS, TH, GA) is 82.

The storm that seems to have been the worse, was also the longest lived. It touched down SW of Tuscaloosa, ripped thru there, ripped thru the northern suburbs and areas of Birmingham where it definitely was a killer, continued on basically toward the NE where we last heard of it crossing the line into GA. While it was destroying a good part of Tuscaloosa, it may have been as strong as an EF4-5 on the Fujita Scale. It had also grown into a mile wide beast and stayed that way until just NE of Bham.

Just heard on the news @ 0600 the death toll is up to 128 confirmed, just in the state of AL.

Good morning. It's 51° and sunny. The high will be 78° and it will be sunny and pleasant. What do we have to do to get some rain? Louisiana is starting to look like New Mexico.

Not in a real good mood today. Lost my balance in the hall yesterday and ended up against the wall. That shifted a compressed disk in my neck and now I'm having to put up with intermittent nerve pain from my neck down to my knees. I can tell you that it's not pleasant. Watched 'Tron Legacy' last night and found it entertaining. I tried Firefox 4 and Yahoo Mail beta. Went back to Firefox 3.6.16 and my regular Yahoo mail. The new Firefox looked too gaudy for my taste. Today I'll be taking it easy and try to get that disk back where it belongs.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN0490.jpg

Good morning folks.

Boy, sounds like down south is a war zone. My heart goes out to all who are suffering.

It's another cool, rainy day. After hearing of the weather down south I shouldn't complain, but I am anyway!:) We're suppose to see that yellow thing in the sky tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.

The ground foam I glued down around the field yesterday looks pretty decent. I need to add some silflor to simulate grass on the edges and some trees at the end as a view block. Hopefully I can find a good source for soybeans and then this area will be done for the most part.

It's tuxedo pick up day for the local proms. I'll be running around like an idiot later today so I'm taking it easy right now.

Have a good day folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back