Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it did snow hard, but at 6am it rained like you would not believe,,, and promptly flooded the garage, the valley between the house and garage roof filled with leaves and snow which froze, the rain then had a direct path into the garage, right slap bang on top of the railway, only one train was parked under the new carriage wash!!!

Hi everyone!
We got about .7" of rain so far today, with a chance of a little more. I can't see that chance on radar, but maybe something is there with a long acronym that will produce it. It's a surprisingly cool 45deg with cloudy sky.

I have a friend coming over this evening to help me clean track and test the railroad in prep for the upcoming ARG. Things are looking good for some fun times on the BC&W. Now to get rid of all the tripping hazards:D.

Fellows, I have decided to watch the SEC Championship game in the hospital lobby. My blood pressure pills may not be enough. :D:D

Jeffrey: I'm sure sorry for your woes with the glasses. That's just plain ole bad luck, not to mention a pain in the a**.

Jim: I believe that the TV stations still have to transmit in analog until February, even though they have a digital signal going out. BTW: That is ridiculous of them to show the SEC game on the big screen during a HS football game. That can't make the players feel good when the fans should be for them.

Steve: Sorry about the trains taking a swim, but I guess only the boys are hurt. Daddy's TANK is high and dry.:p:p:D

Chris: Man, you are set to go! BTW: How do you like the Plasma TV?
AND:
We don't worry about gator teeth. We have Cody that likes to play dentist.:p
ROLL TIDE!

Jeffrey and Steve , sounds like both of you have not started the day well. :( Steve, I remember roof leaks from ice dams when it would rain on top of snow in Ohio. Never did find a way to stop those from happening.

Jeffrey, your hard rain of last night reached us as a couple of wimpy showers. We ended up with .24 inches of rain from the whole thing. But at least if didn't snow. It's 55 and cloudy now so reasonably pleasant for a December day.

Jeffery- As a trifocal man myself, I can appreciate your problems without your glasses.
Glad I have a wife who doesn't mind a "braille" search to kiss her goodnight.

Chris and Rex- I hope you both enjoy the big game Saturday. Several years ago, BAMA and the Gators played another high profile game.
My Gator fan SIL sent the other BAMA fan SIL a picture of a gator pulling a baby elephant into a river. Next day, he got another picture back of the mother elephant's truck wrapped around the gator, coming out of the water.

I don't know if the pictures were photoshopped or not, but there was lots of verbal abuse in the family. I don't even remember who won the game.

I saw what looked like a burgandy NS engine and research car on the siding near work today. I hope someone tell what they are in answer to my question in the Prototype Railroads section.

I have to leave shortly for a special party in the train display area of the museum tonight. I get to play "Gandy Dancer" in my overalls and hat for a few hours. I have noticed that the children's mothers seem to get younger and younger!;)
Y'all have a great evening.
Mikey

Rex, both the major channels down here went 100% digital on December 1st and shut down the analog. They weren't required to until February 19 but a lot of stations that have already put digital in place are shutting down the analog side to save money. You managed to get more rain than we did out of the system, dang it.

Mikey, I left you a post about that NS combination you saw. Have no idea what it really is but it's my best guess. I still have to plan to get up there to see the layout. I tried to work it in with the Prattville game but the rest of the family wasn't too enthusiastic about spending a couple hours with me looking at model trains. I can't imagine why. :)

Clearing and chilly here tonight with a temperature of 39 but the wind has been blowing pretty good so the wind chill is down in the high 20's. I'm glad I didn't get rid of my parka. :D

12-05-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

:p

Good morning.

It's 34 and clear. High today should be around 50 and it will be partly cloudy.

The eye exam yesterday went well. Now that I have my prescription I'll be shopping around for the cheapest prices on new glasses made to my specifications. Didn't get anything done on the layout yesterday, mainly because I couldn't see much. When I went to bed last night my eyes were still dilated. They look pretty much normal now though. So far this coming Wednesday (10th) is looking like mostly cloudy with rain.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/5/2008

Wind Chill: 25°F
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 22°F

So Far Today
High: 36°F
Low: 34°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph NE

Today Low: 25 High: 48 Increasing high cloudiness. Highs in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings as low as 25 in the morning.

Tonight Low: 29 Clearing. Lows 27 to 31. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/P1010007-22.jpg

Jeffery-
Glad I have a wife who doesn't mind a "braille" search to kiss her goodnight.

Mikey
Morning guys
Last nights rain froze into marbles on the car last night, making opening the doors almost impossible. Brrrrrrr, wish I could just stay in bed, or better yet, just stay in the basement today!

Mikey,,,My eyes arn't that bad yet, I'm putting off bifocals as long as I can (I either just take the glasses off, or don a pair of Walmart reading glasses for the really close stuff) but I have to remember that line! ;) It sounds like a good excuse, even it it may be stretching the truth a bit!:D

Karl

Good morning gentlemen. It snowed most of the day yesterday. It didn't amount to much, but it was pretty. My trains made the first loop on the layout last night! The wiring was quite crude, but at least it went all the way around. Now I need to start soldering feeders and such to the main line. I will wait to install the yard area until the main is running sufficiently.
I hope everyone has a great day!

Welcome to the weekend,,,

Mikey Enjoy your gandy dancing day, sounds like your in for a great time.

Jeffrey - Hope you get sorted out with glasses soon ;)

ROLLTIDE,,,

Good morning folks

It was 32 F as I headed off to the old salt mines this morning. Our high will 39 F. This looks like the warmest day until the middle of next week. They are saying that we have a 50% chance of snow tomorrow night. We’ll have to wait and see if that sets off a bread and milk panic.

I didn’t make in yesterday. I spent the day out in the field looking at some issues on a couple of projects. The projects were in upper Bucks County which means a one way trip of 45 miles. On the way home I stopped at hobby shop and picked up a pack of Kadee couplers. Now maybe I can finally start working on some kits again.

No trains last night. I finished putting away all the Thanksgiving decoration bins. They were in blocking access to the layout and the workbench. Now I have one fewer excuse for working on trains.

Tonight my son has guitar lesson. I am not sure what is happening this weekend. The wife has to work Saturday morning. We are planning on getting our tree sometime this weekend.

I still am getting some coughing spells but they are getting less and less. At times I feel really tired. Again it seems to be happening less and less so I am hoping that I am finally getting over this virus.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mikey,,,My eyes arn't that bad yet, I'm putting off bifocals as long as I can (I either just take the glasses off, or don a pair of Walmart reading glasses for the really close stuff) but I have to remember that line! ;) It sounds like a good excuse, even it it may be stretching the truth a bit!:D

Karl

Karl- Would ANYONE on this forum "enhance" the truth of a story?
Guilty, I am!!!
I have been slapped a few times for my "braille" searches, but I consider it well worth the treasures I find.

Jim- thanks for your answer to my burgandy engine and car question. The stretch of track they were on had been rerailed and ballasted in 2008. It was strange to see flatcars on a curved siding with 1200' pieces of welded rail.

Steve- I do enjoy working our layout at the childrens museum. People watching is one of my hobbies and I get to talk to kids of all ages. We usually have one person inside, running the double loop 20' x 30' sectional layout. Then 2 or 3 people are outside to talk to people and spot track issues.
It amazes me how many women are interested in model trains because a father, grandfather or other relative worked for a railroad. I get questions ranging from, "How big is HO scale?" to "How long did it take you to build this layout and did anyone help you?"
BTW, did you get the garage dried out? If you get flooded again, you will need to teach the trains to swim.:rolleyes:

Rex- Keep up the good work on the layout. The ARG will be inspecting every little thing during their visit next week.

Dang customers! I have to go back to work and solve some of their problems for awhile.
Mikey

Mikey Yes sir!!!! all dry and ship shape once again, painted another Tiger tank today, gotta be ready for the credit crunch :)

Finally Friday!!

Friday is finally here! I'm off to spend the weekend in Oklahoma City at the annual train show there. Our club sets up a modular layout there each year. While not as big as some of the other shows, it is the best in our little region.

Corey: Just noticed you are in Mankato. We are a distributor for Katolight, now MTU, and I usually visit Mankato a couple of times each year.

Have a great weekend folks!

Bob

Mornin' all!

Mighty nippy 'round here this mornin'! Woke up to a balmy 12 degrees, but with the wind chill is was more like -2.

Gotta move a hot tub this evening. That should be a real party! By the time I can do it the sun will have gone down, so it should be nice toasty work, huh?

Rex- Keep up the good work on the layout. The ARG will be inspecting every little thing during their visit next week.
No problem as long as the 6 foot rule is remembered. What? 3 foot? uh-oh!:eek:

Heck fellows, no braille here (although a very good idea). My wife and I have been married so long we take off our glasses anytime we are around each other.:rolleyes::D:D

Everyone in T-town and the rest of the state has began the work-up toward frenzy mode. Tomorrow's SEC Championship game will not only determine the conference champ, but I would bet the national champ. If you love football and both teams play at their best, you will see the game of the year. Kickoff 4 PM EST

Steve: That large font is funny! I can here Jeff now: I can see! I can see!

Jim: Darn, that is a bummer that the TV stations changed. Many people, particularly the old, believe they have until February before worrying about the Digital conversion. I'm on DirectTV, so I don't have to be concerned about it.

Bob: Sure wish we had a decent train show coming in. On second thought, I'm in enough hot water for spending on the layout.:eek:

Karl: I'm glad you mentioned Wal-Mart reading glasses. I need a pair for looking up when under the layout. Regular glasses are backwards for that type work. (My neck is just almost permanently locked in the up position from running so many wires.:D)

Philip: I don't envy you and moving a hot tub. Those things are not only heavy, but awkward. It took 4 men (and me:rolleyes:) to move ours onto our deck. It is only a 6 person tub. BTW: I never have figured out how they determine the number of people that a hot tub holds. If six people got into ours, they had better be very good friends :eek::D.

:)Hope you are having a good Friday!:)

Afternoon, everyone.

It's a chilly day down here in the Southland but no ice balls or -2 windchills. :eek:

Jeffrey, try the website I posted and see what kind of price you get. Might leave you a few bucks left over for some train stuff.

Corey, getting a train to run around the layout is a big milestone. Congratulations on following the slow but steady course.

Steve, sounds like your flood didn't cause much damage. Did you read about the flooding in Venice? Could have been worse if you were Italian. :) Those Tiger tanks might be good investments once the pund joins the fake money market.

Mikey, I always enjoyed running our club layout at the LA County Fairgrounds during fair time. There were always a lot of kids that wanted me to run the trains real fast and crash them. I used to do that when I was a kid too. Must be something about being a kid and wanting to see things crash. :)

Phillip, the only way I would move that hot tub is if I could be in it with 100 degree water while someone else pushed. :D

Rex, the TV stations here have had a crawler about switching to digital for a couple of weeks. The fever is building for sure, especially in Prattville. Go Lions, Roll Tide. :D

Afternoon guys. Goy my new computer up and running.

And I saw mt first (2 even) CSX locomotives today sitting in town waiting to heading out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back