Not open for further replies.
Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png

:cool:

148.png

Tipton.gif

TIPTON

Good morning. It's snowy and 29, headed for a high of 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 42° and partly. This afternoon it'll be 62° and partly cloudy.

Nothing going on today, not on my schedule anyway.

P1010936.jpg

G’Morning everyone. Grrrr, I hate surrendering my weekend. Currently its 30° with a dew Point of 28° and a humidity level of 93% with NE winds of 3 MPH. Another wet cold day to start the work week off tonight. I’ll have my lil nephew again for most of the day, so no nappy for me before heading to the salt mines later this evening.

About the only thing I got done this past off weekend was putting some millage on YouTube, the sofa and my recliner. Aside from a few loads of laundry, my house is as it was Friday morning, so I guess all in all it was a good weekend. The weather was too wet to haul any plywood to the shop, so I had to put off working on the bench till another off day. I hope to get it done soon, since before long I will be busy with spring work in the yard, trimming trees and shrubs for the new year. Hard to accept the fact that it’s already time to get the yard equipment serviced. Grrrr

I continued on with my coal expedition last night and into this morning on YouTube. Wow, I didn’t even know they made rotating coal car dumpers in any scale – much less O scale. That’s just too cool. I can envision the type of layout that money could buy if you had some good mountain scenery to go with it. Would be cool to see a conveyer belt hauling coal from a deep mine shaft, dumping it into a coal tower which then was loaded into the trains. On another spot of the layout for offloading and dumping the coal back into the plant where it could fall back down into, or be carried back down to the mine for recycle.

It sucks to be broke. Lol

All the best,

Kenny

I just got my first trinity 64' reefer unit from blma. And all I can say is wow! Also got a athearn rtr bluckhead flat car and my new gray ac4400 union pacific but that reefer just blew me away with it's detailing!

Sry but Im not able to put up pic at this time I've been getting on here from my phone and I'm still in between moving to a new house so no layout too! Sry but I do have it as soon as I can I'll post pic!

I made a trip into town today to the local library to get some reading material. 'HO Railroad from start to finish' by Jim Kelly and 'How To Build Realistic Model Railroad Scenery' by Dave Frary. It also gave me a chance to evaluate the operation of the vans automatic choke. It seems to be working perfectly. Later I got the two Bachmann GP30's off the display rack so they could have some time on the layout. The one in the photo below is #30 and has a somewhat strange decoder setup. The stock bachmann decoder has a bad motor control circuit but I left it in because it had the headlight LED's on it. So the original decoder controls the lights. The motor control is handled by an old Lenz decoder that's piggy-backed on the Bachmann decoder. The setup works quite well. The other loco has the original unmodified decoder. They'll likely be going to a new home soon.

P1010466.jpg

P1010470.jpg

Ouch!! Ouch!! double ouch even!!

Got the water fixed, worse than anticipated:( 80 ft of pipe, new pump, and a new pipe into the hose, along with new wiring,,,,1900 bucks!!!!

Seems the well pump casing had split, and the pipe was too old to reuse.....on the bright side,,,I gots pressure!!:D

Is it worth the $1900? Knowing how tight my father is with money he would've been out there digging it all out and putting the new pump and pipes in himself. Of course he also goes out of his way to find the lowest priced gas even if he uses more getting there and back. I guess there's some kind of crazy logic to that.

Well, I'm calling it a night. I'll have an easy day tomorrow. I thought I was going to have to take my mother to a doctors appointment in Alexandria. I got the call this evening from my father that he has tomorrow off so he'll be taking her there and back. That's a great relief for me. Driving that little Pontiac G6 of hers makes what's left of my ankle hurt, and it hurts enough already. I can see what looks like another piece of shattered bone starting to emerge from the wound on the side. I'll have to watch it closely and be ready to pick it out with the tweezers when it's pushed out. This has happened before. The last chunk was about the size of a dime. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010455.jpg

Is it worth the $1900? Knowing how tight my father is with money he would've been out there digging it all out and putting the new pump and pipes in himself. Of course he also goes out of his way to find the lowest priced gas even if he uses more getting there and back. I guess there's some kind of crazy logic to that.

Good morning. It's 52° and cloudy. The high will be 73° and it will be partly cloudy.

Nothing special planned for today. I'll probably be doing some clean up work on the layout.

P1010456.jpg

morning its sunny 42* & going up to 48* & funny thing is they hint at a snowstorm on sat:eek: i will believe it when i c it lol but im waiting on my switcher that should b delievered today :D

Well, I was right about the bone shard working it's way out of what's left of my ankle. It was the size of a large toenail clipping and razor sharp. It was however rather easy to remove and I'm much more comfortable without it. I put the two GP30's up on several forums sale sites this morning. I hope they can be sent off to a good home soon. Nothing else going on so far.

I posted this in the General category, but just in case you miss it:

A friend of mine has come across a set of Southern Railway kerosene lanterns and was wanting to sell them, but didn't have any idea of their value...neither do I. There is a Green and a Red and a White lantern in the set of three. Do any of you know the value or where I could find out. All help (or even a guess) is appreciated.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back