Cincinnati Northern & CCC&StL consits near Cincinnati

MSC77

Hello. Relative newbie here, to the forum and to modeling. I thought it would be nice to put together a model of something that may have run through the area I grew up, Liberty Township, Ohio (Butler County) in the early 20th century.

I know the Cincinnati-Dayton Short Line (which ran through Liberty township) was bought by the CCC&StL and mergered into the New York Central system. The only thing I 've been able to find are some USRA 40' coal hoppers lettered with CCC&StL (http://accurail.com/accurail/art/2400/2401.jpg) and Cincinnati Northern..

I was considering eventually getting a Light Mikado which I think probably would have pulled these cola cars through the area. Wondering if anyone knows what other rolling stock would be appropriate to run with these hoppers. Since the CCC&StL was part of the NYCS maybe there was NYC rolling stock that might be prototypical? I'm not sure, but maybe some Cincinnati Northern cars may have run through Butler County as well?

Thanks in advance.

This would be a good short line RR to model. I did a little research on the Cincinnati Hamilton & Dayton RR a few years back. Spend some time on this link especially the area in the lower right with all the other RR in this area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati,_Hamilton_and_Dayton_Railway_(1846–1917)

I just had to have these when I saw them :D

RollingStock-3.jpg

DSCF1672JPG.jpg

Thanks for responding and the link. That is a sweet boxcar there! Would love to have one myself. Any chance you know where one could be had? If you ever decide to sell yours please let me know. I love the lettering.

I have 4 accurail USRA hoppers like you letter with the Cincinnati Northern and a few others lettered for CCC&StL. I am interested in finding out what other rolling stock might have run with those hoppers between cincy and dayton and esp through butler county. Anyone know?

I think the CH&D was a competing line to the Cincinnati Dayton short line? I could be wrong. I think maybe they shared track. Anyway, any other info or resources anyone has on what might have run through the area would be much appreciated!

Thanks for responding and the link. That is a sweet boxcar there! Would love to have one myself. Any chance you know where one could be had? If you ever decide to sell yours please let me know. I love the lettering.

I have 4 accurail USRA hoppers like you letter with the Cincinnati Northern and a few others lettered for CCC&StL. I am interested in finding out what other rolling stock might have run with those hoppers between cincy and dayton and esp through butler county. Anyone know?

I think the CH&D was a competing line to the Cincinnati Dayton short line? I could be wrong. I think maybe they shared track. Anyway, any other info or resources anyone has on what might have run through the area would be much appreciated!

I PM'ed you with two available on ebay

Back