Christmas Weekend Photo Fun 12/24-27

1 of 2 Expiremental schemes by the SP in the 80s. In its later scheme it was used as a helper for 4449. Dates that i know of are 81-87.

Uncle G's Diner is now open for business, even though there is still some landscaping to be done....An old 50's diner, and the first to check it out is the vintage car club.

P1030870.jpg

I'd like to know as well. Man! That is vivid!

Did a little research, and I take back my original statement... in the right company it looks darn respectable!

9031.1118872980.jpg

(although whoever put it infront of the 4999 instead of hiding it behind should be shot...)

Hey I like it, to each his own.
It lasted that way till 89. Then was rebuilt and put back in original colors. I justed wanted it since it was only 1 of 2 locos painted like that. It will look good pulling my passenger train for "special" runs.

I agree, I am partial to SP, but it is a fine looking paint scheme. Also, the fact that there were only makes it even better.
Nice Job!

wasn't one of the two daylight 40s wrecked like a month after it was painted or something like that

Dont think so, one was an SD40R, it was repainted in 89, the other was an SD44R.

"Externally, this unit is identical to an SD45R, internally it is/was one of a kind, having an EMD V-16 645, rated at 3000hp. It has since been confirmed that this unit was fitted with a V-16 engine, which agrees with Garmany, who states (in SP Dieselization) that it received a new V-16 3000hp for evaluation.

The evaluation was not considered to be a success; likely the expense of reworking the frame to take the smaller engine, as the SD45R program went a different direction, they kept their V-20's derated to 3200hp."
http://espee.railfan.net/spsd44r.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have spent several hours trying to find some old Electric Motors (industrial type) from the 1920's in HO scale. The ones that are out there, nobody seems to have in stock. So...... After a few days of trying to get the brain to function correctly, I came up with some items in stock here at home to fabricate one of my own.

The Seneca Lake, Ontario, & Western RR services a quarry in it's territory (well it will when I am finished). The quarry has had several good years and the owner decided to upgrade some parts of it's operation. They have gone to trucks to cart gravel and stone, and have recently built a new stone crusher building. At the same time they moved from steam power to the new electric. They can save on labor not having to hire men to keep the several steam engines fired and working. They now have a Steam boiler plant generating Electricity right on the property (or will just as soon as I build it). But back to the problem....

Here is an electric motor just built that will supply power for the belt driven machines in the workshop.

ElectricMotor01w.png

ElectricMotor02w.png

ElectricMotor03w.png

Oh yeah I straightened that leg on her right after I took the picture.... Just needs painting and hooking up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just weathered some of my autoracks.

Prototype
Auto%20Rack%20TTGX_3.jpg

IMG_0873.JPG

NIce looking car. What type of ballast is that? Does the manufacturer make a darker color? I like it, might want to use it my yard.

Back