Check out the Circus Train!

Nice. I completely missed the train this year, would have liked to add more shots to my roster. Oh well there's always next year.

I seen the blue train in Georga on my way back from my moms funeral along time ago! it was heading north!

Very nice pictures. That must really take some logistical planning to get everything in the right spot at the right time. I've seen those six wheel trucks on UP passenger cars before so they really aren't all that modern but it's the first time I've seen them under a baggage car. Any idea what load it carries?

.... Any idea what load it carries?

Not my thread, but I can help.

Any of the Ringling cars that have six-axle trucks are usually found carrying ringstock(animals that are led without being caged, horses, camels,etc.,,) and elephants. You may also find them under generator cars, but the car in the photo is an animal car. I ran both the Red and Blue unit trains during my years with the Wisconsin Central, and still have all the circus trainmaster instructions that were given to the crews. These trains are incredible to see in operation and to watch the loading/unloading process.

Johnny

Good info, Johhny, thanks. I kind of thought the car must be carrying some kind of valuable animals since those old UP six wheel double swing trucks were about smoothest riding on any passenger car I ever rode.

Back