Changing the identity of locos

GEfan

A quick question chaps. I am relatively new to HO modelling - I have ordered a couple of ScaleTrains UP and BNSF GE AC4400s that I want to change the running numbers on. Is there anyone that does transfers and the above cab window number panels for locos? If so, are they easy to get hold of?

Richie

I think its Microscale that offers decals for just about every road name and loco design.
As far as changing the numbers, you can just use a pencil erasure to scrub off the existing number, tape it off and spray can the area fresh then apply the decal. It'll look pretty close to the prototype renumbering.

I think its Microscale that offers decals for just about every road name and loco design.
As far as changing the numbers, you can just use a pencil erasure to scrub off the existing number, tape it off and spray can the area fresh then apply the decal. It'll look pretty close to the prototype renumbering.
Thanks Ken. Would they do the numbers for the lit panel windows above the front end driving cabs too? Sorry, not sure what they are actually called!

You would have to look at their decal sheet as it's posted on line on their web site.
All the decal sheets I've seen have the tiny numbers for the number boards. Very hard to work with though.

Back