Cement Hopper Destinations [modern-day]

There is also the old Blue Star ready mix kit from walthers. It is a rail-side ready mix plant. Would work well for your purposes.

Ken,
Thanks for the link. It gives me some ideas for smaller plant and it looks like they get a lot of shipments from ships in the water.

Dave

Dang I wish *I* had one laying around. Walthers is sold out & retired. That's the one thing I HATE about Walthers.

As mtrpls said, all you "really" need is another silo complex, and some sort of truck loading system. Walther's older kit Medusa Cement is a fairly good building for such.

If you cannot if it, buy the ADM Grain elevator, and just leave off the elevator structure, and add in some sort of pressure silo system, or even a grain leg might work.

I may have one or two laying around I'll check:D

Dang I wish *I* had one laying around. Walthers is sold out & retired. That's the one thing I HATE about Walthers.

As mtrpls said, all you "really" need is another silo complex, and some sort of truck loading system. Walther's older kit Medusa Cement is a fairly good building for such.

If you cannot if it, buy the ADM Grain elevator, and just leave off the elevator structure, and add in some sort of pressure silo system, or even a grain leg might work.

I have one brand new whats it worth to you :rolleyes: also have the add on silo's for the grain kit could be used for the cement kit

I totally forgot there is a cement transfer facility not far from here. It's a very simple affair with two tracks and a few trackside silos. Don't remember if there's an unloading shed or not, but there is a very old angled silo that's left over from when it was a sand plant. They used to bring silica sand down from the lake on barges and there are still sand piles all over. I'll take a few pics next time I'm in town. I'm using my cement cars to haul silica to customers on the layout.

Ok the Medusa Cement is OOP and then a short run was made back in 1997,back then it listed for $33.00 near there so how about $40.00 amd the add on silo kit which could be used for cement lsited at around $32.98 so ho's $25.00 sound:rolleyes:

Back