Can a SD50 pass for a SD60?

NYSW F45

What are the main differences body wise from the SD50 and the SD60? I know the SD50's when first offered had smaller fuel tanks, but towards the end they were 4500 gallon tanks. Could a SD50 pass for a SD60 when painted

Found this...

It's a little dated (note the part where the author says 'no HO scale SD50 produced', but it sums it up. Mainly its the # of doors beneath the radiator grills, the conductor side running board is 6 inches longer on the sd60, and the fuel tank like you said.
The rest is internal.

http://crcyc.railfan.net/locos/emd/sd50/sd50ho.html

ughhh, then i'll have to wait for sd60's to be more prevalent on ebay. SD50's a plenty. I like the athearns over the p2k's.

honestly does not matter as i'de be striping it to repaint into NYSW. I just dont know if athearn did any roadname specific details like they do now or was it one shell for all roadnames they made back then?

That's right, Steve, I forgot you strip them to do your own scheme.

I only think the level of detail has improved in theAthearn RTR runs in the later releases compared to earlier versions.

I saw trainworld had some for $79.99. You could probably find a better deal on HOI or evilbay if your not in a hurry.

Brad

ebay is hit or miss for the 60's from athearn. plenty of p2k. now if the 50's would work there are plenty of athearn on ebay for those.

I might do the HOI and see what happens.

i'de like to be able to get 5 more to complete the susquehanna's 6 that they just acquired. They've had 3 delivered so far and i've made 1. Gotta get on the ball. lol

ebay is hit or miss for the 60's from athearn. plenty of p2k. now if the 50's would work there are plenty of athearn on ebay for those.

I might do the HOI and see what happens.

Ive had pretty good luck with wtb on there. Good luck!

Ive had pretty good luck with wtb on there. Good luck!

i've done alright. The SD60 that I got last winter I paid a little more then what I wanted but it was coming from Canada and I wanted the quicker shipping.

I only think the level of detail has improved in theAthearn RTR runs in the later releases compared to earlier versions.

Brad

The Athearn RTR SD50s and SD60s were tooled from the ground up by Chris Clune, the founder of ExactRail who was hired to create the tooling this model.. If you look closely, the shell does not resemble other Athearn offerings at all. The details are better. The drive is a standard Athearn RTR.

Back